NGD - Blade Content

Zawam

• Members

Hey guys - this is my first guitar I've got since joining this forum, not including the acoustics :cop:

Had to wait three weeks for it, was shipped from Sweden for me but the wait was well worth it.

And here she is, a lovely Candy apple red Blade Delta Standard. The finish is perfect, very metallic looking. The fretboard is an ease to play - nice and smooth and the pickups are quite hot but still retaining there clarity. The on-board Variable Spectrum Control is great and would be very useful live it can really beef up your tone almost to a humbucker performance.

Personally i know how much you guys like your Fender Standards MiMs but i really think this guitar is much more bang for the buck and of higher quality

I know ill get slated if i dont put no pics on, so here ya go - sorry about the size. Im no photographer.

img1166kz6.jpg

img1167mt1.jpg

img1168qm2.jpg

img1170sa8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well after one week with it, i can say this is one of the best guitars ive ever played. After giving it a slight setup, polishing the frets, changing the strings and changing the VSC to my liking, i can truly say this is a great guitar.

I have no idea way Blade isn't that popular, they are great affordable guitars.

• Members

HNGD! I have the same guitar in sunburst (no lefty alas) [NO PIC, I know:cop:] and everytime I play it I wonder why I don't play it more ... excellent construction and the VSC is really nifty. I love your metallic red - I've never seen that color on any Blade.

• Members

and everytime I play it I wonder why I don't play it more ... excellent construction and the VSC is really nifty. I love your metallic red - I've never seen that color on any Blade.

Wow i didn't know anyone else owned one on this forum except Arkay

• Members

Wow i didn't know anyone else owned one on this forum except Arkay

Arkay also lives in Germany. Blade originates in Switzerland - despite the fact that these cheap Blades are made in Asia - that means that they have a reasonable distribution network here.

I did not even want to buy a Tele type guitar - I was surprised by seeing a couple of relatively cheap Teles in a large Music Store in Hamburg, tried one and was immediately sold! Truly nice guitars and well made. Nice fretwork. I also liked the minty pickguard ...

• Members

hngd! what does the little switch do?

New VSC-3 Board

BLADE Guitars presents the new version of the Variable Spectrum Control; the VSC-3 which is going to be available on Blade Instruments as of May 2004.

The unit has completely been redesigned using a new double IC that will improve its sound quality and reduce the battery power consumption by 6!

The user can choose between Midrange Boost (0-14dB), Bass/Treble Boost (0-10dB) or pure vintage tone through the bypass position. The user-adjustable presets let you change your sound from creamy overdrive to bell-like highs - instantly

(source)

Archived