NGD.....Electra MPC content........

Clyde42

• Members

Wow, my first electric was an Electra MPC Les Paul copy...they were new in the late 70's...and about $600 in 78! Incidently, a real Les Paul was about the same price but the Japanese Electra had a flame top, built in sound effects and looked better at the time. With a little creative marketing/advertising with people like Dickie Betts, Peter Frampton, Jeff Lynne, Skunk Baxter and a few others, they sold a bunch of em back then.

btw, you can find more of those effects that go in the back on ebay. Mine came with 5 different ones and there were more than that made. The connectors on some of mine started going bad after about 3 years.

• Members

Yeah, I sure thought "Idol" when I saw this one! Nice Electra Fakenbacker bass JJ! And SnoMan97, that is a handsome Phoenix!

TinWhisker: If I recall correctly there were 12 modules made for the MPC guitars. Usually the contacts did not go bad, they just got dirty. There is a section on the site that JJ posted a link to about caring for the modules, and includes a list of all the models.

For all those wondering, Electra was the house brand of St. Louis Music from the early '70s until the early/mid eighties. The name transitioned into the Westone brand, then Alvarez electrics replaced the Westones as SLMs electric line(since SLM distributed Alvarez and all). Like other imports, they began as copy guitars but later used original designs.

I also have this one:

electra.jpg

• Members

btw, you can find more of those effects that go in the back on ebay. Mine came with 5 different ones and there were more than that made. The connectors on some of mine started going bad after about 3 years.

How much are they going for these days. They were a hot ebay item even 11 years ago when eBay was so obscure, I was winning Diaz amps for $300.

• Members

For all those wondering, Electra was the house brand of St. Louis Music from the early '70s until the early/mid eighties. The name transitioned into the Westone brand, then Alvarez electrics replaced the Westones as SLMs electric line(since SLM distributed Alvarez and all). Like other imports, they began as copy guitars but later used original designs.

Oh, like this one. As soon as the snow melts I'm gonna bring it inside.

l_641999eddbfaa7627e54415886d58537.jpg

Archived