LTD Serial No

harvested

• Members

Hey, does anyone know how to "crack" an LTD serial no???

I want to found out the year of production of a specific LTD guitar.

It isn't my guitar so I don't recall the exact serial no, but it starts with this:

W0501.... I forgot the rest but I can find it out...

If anyone can tell me the year of this guitar...or how to find out from the whole serial no. I would appreciate it.

Thanks

• Members

The first letter is the factory the guitar was made in (W is the Korean factory). The next two digits are the year. Next two is the week in the year. Next one is the day in the week (i.e. Monday). And the rest of the digits is the number of the guitar that came off the assembly line.

• Members

hey guys...thank you very much

@Rydock

the serial no was: W0502610

I new that it was Korean,because it has written on the back of the headstock "Made in Korea" ...

so after what you said I guess it was made in 2005, second week of the year, that means in January, on Saturday and it was the 10th on its line...

well...thanks again :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

sorry for posting this late, I didn't saw your last post

The guitar is a Kirk Hammet signature, the KH-202, it's the cheapest one in the series, but it looks ok, and apparently it's better than those made in China, because the neck is black as the body's color (the new ones made in China have natural color and it looks...not that good) and it has the EMG HZ pick-ups, the new ones have ESP-EMG...and I think that they aren't that good because they aren't real EMGs

so..that's all....

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

Joining late on the esp ltd serial num problem.. I'm looking at a mh401qmnt serial number is IS0860927 It's Indonesian made , I get the year seems to be 2008 but the 60 can't be the week of the year as there are only 52 weeks . It looks stunning in the pics but can't find a definitive s/n decode ..

Thanks in advance .. Paul