Joe Walsh Appreciation

StratoSlacker

• Members
yeah I like his voice too. Kind of one of those "I can't really sing well but I don't give a {censored}" guys who just goes out and does it and pulls it off.

This thread might be the first I've seen where
everyone
seems to agree that "Guitar dude so-and-so is great"

You go, Joe.
:thu:
You have the HCGJ Seal of Approval.
:lol:

2 questions.....

firstly, what you mean "I cant sing well" he can sing well!! I cant say i've heard him squeak or sing bum notes.

and secondly HCGJ = harmony central guitar j??????

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
2 questions.....

firstly, what you mean "I cant sing well" he can sing well!! I cant say i've heard him squeak or sing bum notes.

and secondly HCGJ = harmony central guitar j??????

Firstly, yeah, his voice is kind of strange and not "good" in a conventional sense. Kind of nasal and twangy, not smooth. Not that he hits bum notes. But it's perfect for what he does. And no one else sounds like Joe either vocally or on guitar.

Secondly, yeah, those other guys on that other goddamn part of this board. Should have said HCEG! Howzat? :p

• Members

My favorite Eagles song with Joe Walsh is "In the City". My favorite Joe Walsh song is "Turn to Stone".

Excellent songs ! I guess I've always looked at it like, Joe Walsh turned the Eagles into a rock band. Not that they watered him down. That could be the case though.

Archived