Released my CD but no one cares

RichyRox

• Members

Those people on here that are angry or rude, do everyone a favor and find another forum. You leave a bad taste on my computer screen.

RichyRox.com

Get over yourself, seriously...

I SUCK. I know I suck. I have fun with music, and I find it especially moving and rewarding personally. If we sell CD's ... well that's just {censored}ing fantastic. Yes, we try. Yes, we gig. And yes, we're working on a formidable marketing and promotion plan, as well as several other things.

I've taken my beatings on this forum as well as most others' have here. We all learned something from each other, and still do. You have no clout to waltz in here with your shiny new CD and tell me, or anyone else to hit the road.

You would be wise to stop flinging insults just because I hurt your feelings, and start listening to what people are telling you. You've pretty much confirmed that you appreciated some of the comments in this thread, and not others.

I'd bet all the tea in china that you approve of the posts that support your pity party, and dis-approve of those comments (like mine) that inject some realism into your delusion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Does anyone ever read what I'm posting?
:facepalm:

If you are going to take the time to post something, why not make it worthwhile?

Stop sniping eachother and start helping the situation...that's all I'm saying...

Dude, I read your posts - I consider you one of the more knowledgeable folks round here .. and thanks for taking the time to type out all that info.

• Members

Wonder how iTunes is in business. It... Posts songs... On its server... Which requires... Internet access to buy. So the tracks are available on the internet.

Of course tracks are available on the internet. No one said they aren't. The point is, 77% of them aren't selling a single one.

Itunes is a very popular online retailer, probably number one. I wonder how many bands being sold there crack 20 dollars a year in sales. I personally have made a whopping 100 bucks ( a few cents under) in sales from Tunecore in 11 months. Tha includes Itunes, Music Match, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc. I don't work at it, though. I could see where if one promoted like crazy, it could be more profitable, but not likely to ever be in the 2 k a month range it would take to earn a living. Still, I guess I should feel fortunate to be in the 23% that sells anything. :cry:

• Members

I just want to back some of this up, because it seems that the main part of this post is highly overlooked...especially by the OP...

You have to have a reason to release a CD. If you are just releasing the CD before you have a following of people who would be interested in buying it, then you are wasting your time.

What I would suggest:

Record your music the best way that you can, while spending the least amount of money possible. Use this recording to get yourself booked into as many local venues as you can possibly be booked in. Play those venues again and again, until people start asking when you'll be back again.

After you've built a following locally, start sending your recorded music to venues just outside of your local area. By this time, you should have built up enough experience to build a small press kit. Include your recorded music along with the list of venues that you've played and any write-ups you have received from any newspapers or any reviews that anyone has done of your previous shows. Play those new venues until people you didn't know before start asking about when you'll be back to play.

Work that same way until you become "in demand" to play places locally and regionally. Start sending your press kit around the state, and play state-wide until you are "in demand" in that area.

On top of sending your recorded music to venues, shop it around to radio stations that feature local bands, and see if you can get your songs into regular rotation on the local shows. You'll know you're onto something when people are calling the radio stations requesting to hear your song again, or wanting to know information about you.

Once things get to that point, I would say that you should be able to release an EP...a small album of around 5 songs. I would go to a decent studio to record this, using the money that you've earned playing all the venues that you've become so popular at. Make sure the quality of the recording is good, so that people will be interested in buying the CD from you. Charge no more than $1 per song...so if you have a 5 song CD, sell it for $5.

Now, realize that this isn't going to happen overnight. We're talking about at the very least a year of your band or you as a solo artist building a strong enough reputation so that there's no guessing about you selling anything.

If you can't honestly say that you've done all that, don't bother releasing a CD. You're flooding the market, making it harder for other bands and musicians to be heard. You must, MUST put in the hard work first before you can achieve success. You will not, repeat, WILL NOT, be an overnight success story just because you release a CD yourself.

Also, to the OP, FWIW:

People's responses may not be what you want to hear. You'll need to learn how to deal with harsh criticism if you have any kind of hope of working in the music industry. If you think that some of the posters on here are douchebags, just wait until someone with any influence hears your CD and decides that they don't like it.

People are harsh. Deal with it. Better to hear it here first than to jump out into the public view with both feet and get blasted by the people you want to buy your CD.

Also, stop spamming your band on here. There are other areas of the forum that are dedicated to having others listen to your recordings to get feedback, positive or negative. Post your music there, but be ready for whatever responses you receive. In other words, if you don't like the way that people are treating you, take a look at WHY they are treating you that way, and stop calling undo attention to yourself.

This should be a sticky!:thu:

• Members

Yeah... MaxKincaide's post was really good. I like the part about taking criticism. A friend of mine had a band that submitted stuff to some big name people and he said the "no" letters were hilarious. One person said, "We have absolutely no interest in what you are doing, and we will never have any interest in what you are doing." He thought it was funny. It's important to keep a sense of humor. :)

• Members
Of course tracks are available on the internet. No one said they aren't. The point is, 77% of them aren't selling a single one.

Itunes is a very popular online retailer, probably number one. I wonder how many bands being sold there crack 20 dollars a year in sales. I personally have made a whopping 100 bucks ( a few cents under) in sales from Tunecore in 11 months. Tha includes Itunes, Music Match, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc. I don't work at it, though. I could see where if one promoted like crazy, it could be more profitable, but not likely to ever be in the 2 k a month range it would take to earn a living. Still, I guess I should feel fortunate to be in the 23% that sells anything.
:cry:

So it was talking exclusively about albums? Because there are a crapload more than 11 million sales (aggregate) of songs over the internet. Try hundreds of millions. iTunes isn't really concerned with selling albums. They make money hand over fist with one 0.99 cent purchase, and they make it awfully easy for consumers to pick and choose. They're also allowed to count a standard number of songs (any 12) as an album equivalent purchase to inflate their reports.

But still.. Albums don't sell if there's nobody there to buy them.

• Members

So it was talking exclusively about albums? Because there are a crapload more than 11 million sales (aggregate) of songs over the internet. Try hundreds of millions. iTunes isn't really concerned with selling albums. They make money hand over fist with one 0.99 cent purchase, and they make it awfully easy for consumers to pick and choose. They're also allowed to count a standard number of songs (any 12) as an album equivalent purchase to inflate their reports.

But still.. Albums don't sell if there's nobody there to buy them.

Good points.

Here's an interesting article...from the NY Times

Music Sales Fell in 2008, but Climbed on the Web

By BEN SISARIO

Published: December 31, 2008

Sales of recorded music fell sharply in 2008, as consumers continued to migrate away from the CD format, large retailers reduced floor space for music and the recession dampened consumer spending during the critical year-end holiday shopping period.

Total album sales in the United States, including CDs and full-album downloads, were 428 million, a 14 percent drop from 2007, according to data from Nielsen SoundScan. Since the industry’s peak in 2000, album sales have declined 45 percent, although digital music purchases continue to grow at a rapid rate.

The year’s biggest seller was Lil Wayne’s album “Tha Carter III” (Cash Money/Universal Motown), which sold 2.87 million copies, followed by Coldplay’s “Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends” (Capitol), with 2.14 million. “Fearless” (Big Machine), the second album by the 19-year-old country star Taylor Swift, was third, with 2.11 million. (Ms. Swift also scored the sixth-highest seller this year, for her self-titled debut, released in 2006, which sold 1.6 million copies in 2008.)

The music industry has grown accustomed to dismal sales numbers, and this year even the good news comes with disappointment. “Tha Carter III” is the first release in SoundScan’s 17-year history to top the year-end list with sales of less than 3 million.

Sales of digital music continued to rise steeply last year. Just over a billion songs were downloaded, a 27 percent increase from 2007, and some record companies say they are finally beginning to wring significant profits from music on Web sites like YouTube and MySpace.

But analysts say that despite the growth and promise of digital music — in 2003 just 19 million songs were purchased as downloads — the money made online is still far from enough to make up for losses in physical sales.

“As the digital side grows, you get a different business model, with more revenue streams,” said Michael McGuire, an analyst with Gartner, a market research firm. “But do we get back to where the revenue that the labels see is going to be fully replacing the CD in the next four to five years? No.” Gartner recently issued a report urging record companies to put their primary focus on downloads.

Record companies counter that album sales alone do not give a full picture of the complex new economics of the industry. Rio Caraeff, the executive vice president of Universal Music Group’s digital division, eLabs, said other income, like the fees collected when users stream a video online, had become an essential part of the pie. Twenty percent of Rihanna’s revenue, he said, has come from the sale of ring tones.

“We don’t focus anymore on total album sales or the sale of any one particular product as the metric of revenue or success,” Mr. Caraeff said. “We look at the total consolidated revenue from dozens of revenue lines behind a given artist or project, which include digital sales, the physical business, mobile sales and licensing income.”

Even as most of the industry pushes for greater online sales, two of the biggest albums of the year were by artists who have been vocal opponents of downloading. Kid Rock’s “Rock N Roll Jesus” (Atlantic) reached No. 4 with just over 2 million sales, and AC/DC’s “Black Ice” (Columbia), sold through an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart, was No. 5 with 1.92 million.

Neither act sells its music through Apple’s iTunes, the dominant online seller. AC/DC has said that selling individual tracks breaks up the continuity of a full album. But à la carte downloads are also far less lucrative than full CDs.

At least one sector of the music industry has continued to enjoy robust success: the concert business. Ticket sales in North America in 2008 rose at least 7 percent, to $4.2 billion, according to Pollstar, the touring-industry trade magazine. But in keeping with the trend of recent years, slightly fewer tickets were sold for more money: attendance for the top 100 tours dropped 3 percent, but the average ticket price climbed 8 percent, to $66.90.

The record industry has been eager to share in touring’s bull market, and many of the major labels’ new contracts are for so-called 360 deals, which give the company a much wider share in an artist’s income, from touring to merchandising to product endorsements. But those types of contract are still far from the norm.

Despite the growth of online music sales, CDs remain by far the most popular format, although that hold is slipping; 361 million CDs were sold in 2008, down almost 20 percent from the previous year. About 84 percent of all album purchases were CDs, down from 90 percent the year before.

And since CDs remain the record industry’s biggest profit engine, many analysts worry that the industry will be particularly vulnerable to inventory reductions at retail stores. Big-box stores like Wal-Mart and Best Buy account for up to 65 percent of all retail purchases, and many of those stores are sharply reducing the floor space allotted to music, said Richard Greenfield, a media analyst at Pali Research in New York.

“CDs no longer drive somebody into a store on Tuesday,” Mr. Greenfield said, referring to the day new CDs usually go on sale. “So the big risk for 2009 is that you will see even more rapid contraction of floor space, as CDs really go out of sight, out of mind for the consumer.”

• Members

Picture this, a major label spends tons of money on a completely unknown band to record a cd.

The band has no mailing list, they have no live following, they have no one out their who has ever heard their music.

Then the major label puts that cd up for sale on CD baby and on a myspace and Website page that no one visits.

Now the executive at the major label sits there and says - wow, no one cares about this great new cd I just had recorded.

Does that illustrate how absurd what you are saying is? No one in their right business mind would ever do this.

With due respect, I know how you feel, and I have been there. There is NO built in market for new music. Even a product like used rocking chair or antique doll on ebay has more of a market than your music does right now!

• Members

I am just looking for a forum for people who can relate. Some of you guys are very helpful in your responses, thank you for that. On the other hand, people like KramerGuitar guy, dude are you constipated? Every comment you have sounds like life cheated you out of something. Dude, be civilized, don't hate the world. Don't be so angry and bitter. Love yourself.

Yes I am at the beginning stages of marketing and promotion. Being a college economics professor and a middle school math teacher I certainly understand the concept of a business plan. Living in NYC, the competition is huge and people here are fickle at best. Every musician values there own music dearly and most I am sure feel that they have a product that will strike a chord with the listeners in a way that makes the listener feel that the CD is worth the purchase. I am taking all the typical advertising paths that thousands of other bands have been doing. Who has the time and money to self promote outside the scope of what is humanly possible within reason? I guess I had some wishful thinking that people would hear it and they will really like the music as much as I loved creating it. All I know is, is that when it is all said and done, i can say that I am proud of my CD and I can say that I tried to some degree. Having two professional careers, who has the kind of time needed to devote to touring or playing out constantly to try to get noticed. If my music touches someone, it will get noticed. However, I agree, i will do some shows every once and a while.

Those people on here that are angry or rude, do everyone a favor and find another forum. You leave a bad taste on my computer screen.

RichyRox.com

Richy Rox here's my advice:

Stop whining.

And drop that corny ass name. What are you, fronting some 80s hairband?

• Members

Picture this, a major label spends tons of money on a completely unknown band to record a cd.

!

Ironically, you have described unlikely career path of one of Pop's brightest new bands, MGMT. Got signed on strength of six-song EP after they'd broken up. Read WSJ to learn more. Doesn't this kind of thing just piss you off?

But this kind of story should serve as inspiration. Carry the fire, buddy!

Adviser -- Music: A College Band's Unlikely Climb --- Spacey rock group MGMT has gone from a daffodil festival to network TV

By John Jurgensen

826 words

18 January 2008

The Wall Street Journal

By today's rock standards, the duo MGMT is outlandish. They sing cheerfully about hunting for food after an apocalypse. They sported wizard cloaks during a recent performance on David Letterman. And their spacey dance-rock, nodding to David Bowie and other shamans of the 1970s, is awash in hallucinogenic imagery.

Stranger still: At a time when music companies are desperate for hits, MGMT was signed by a major record label that hadn't seen the band perform live.

MGMT's accidental path to the spotlight hinged on luck and youthful inspiration -- and time spent at a liberal arts college. Ben Goldwasser and Andrew VanWyngarden met as freshmen in the class of 2005 at Wesleyan University, in Middletown, Conn. They formed a band that played half-serious sets at parties but, except for a gig at a nearby daffodil festival, rarely performed beyond Wesleyan. (First known as "management," the band now uses the acronym to avoid legal issues with another group with that name.)

By senior year, they were uncertain about their next step in life. Mr. VanWyngarden skewered his pre-graduation ambivalence in a song called "Time to Pretend," a tongue-in-cheek fantasy about eluding a 9-to-5 destiny in favor of rock-star excess. After graduating with bachelor degrees in music, the men made no plans to pursue MGMT. Mr. VanWyngarden moved to Brooklyn looking for work, and Mr. Goldwasser, an avid hiker, headed into the mountains of upstate New York.

During their senior year, MGMT had released a six-song collection on an independent label. Through an intern, it found its way to Columbia Records, which signed MGMT to a contract in fall 2006. "They were out there and edgy, but at the core of the music they had a strong sense of pop writing," says Maureen Kenny, the A&R representative who recruited the band. "The sure thing doesn't exist anymore. We need to establish the future legacy artists of the label."

To produce the group's first album, Columbia hired Dave Fridmann, known for his work with the Flaming Lips. And traces of that rock group's eccentricity and bombast can be heard on MGMT's "Oracular Spectacular." "Weekend Wars" alternates the psychedelia of Pink Floyd with the swagger of T. Rex. On keyboards, Mr. Goldwasser delivers walloping organ chords on "Time to Pretend." It's a song that's taken on new meaning since Mr. VanWyngarden, the lead singer, wrote it as a student. "It's like the real world was sneaking up on us, and we got in a car and drove away from it," he says.

... From Boston Globe....

Oracular Spectacular," MGMT's full-length debut on Columbia, recently got an official release; a digital version was issued in October. VanWyngarden admits that the sudden interest in the group seems a little strange. Mention to him that MGMT is on the same label that also signed folks named Holiday, Dylan, and Springsteen and it feels even stranger.

"It's crazy," he says. "It really didn't even feel like a formal band until about a year ago, after we signed with Columbia, and we put some serious effort into songwriting. Before that, it was just kind of messing around."

Columbia A&R representative Maureen Kenny first heard MGMT's early recordings through an intern and immediately wanted to meet the band behind the sound. "I spent the next six weeks trying to get a hold of them because they were living in different cities and had put the band on hold," says Kenny. "It was totally fresh and like nothing I had heard before. Even though it was quirky and left of center, at the core was really strong songwriting. When you can be unique but still grab people, that's the best of both worlds."

The first song the pair ever wrote at Wesleyan, a disco dance- floor groove for indie-popsters called "Kids," is among the many highlights on "Oracular Spectacular." The album, masterfully helmed by Flaming Lips producer David Fridmann, is alternately awash with Fridmann's trademark DayGlo coloring and a hallucinatory psychedelic haze befitting the disc's trippy title.

• Members

Richy Rox here's my advice:

Stop whining.

And drop that corny ass name. What are you, fronting some 80s hairband?

Some of your comments are so hilarious it cracks me up. I came here to hear feedback and advice and yes some of us are all musical humans that give our hearts and souls into introducing our music to the public ear. And yes, when we find out that most people don't really like our music, I am sure most musicians are disappointed. Excuse you for helping me get a dose of reality and looking for some support.

What I also know is that we live in a cruel cold world where there is not much decency in the human race. It shows in some of the members comments that they would rather channel their energy into causing gossip and conflict as aposed to lending a kind helping hand. How many of you actually give back to society? I actually don't want to know.

I did not come hear to bicker with people, I came to help or be helped in some way.

RichyRox.com the name stays by the way LOL

• Members

The band has no mailing list, they have no live following, they have no one out their who has ever heard their music.

Then the major label puts that cd up for sale on CD baby and on a myspace and Website page that no one visits.

Now the executive at the major label sits there and says - wow, no one cares about this great new cd I just had recorded.

Does that illustrate how absurd what you are saying is? No one in their right business mind would ever do this.

With due respect, I know how you feel, and I have been there. There is NO built in market for new music. Even a product like used rocking chair or antique doll on ebay has more of a market than your music does right now!

Great point!

Let add my experience to this...

I've been on 30+ albums, made my living solely with this from age 18 to 30 some.

These days I play Instrumental stuff. My last CD I did for 2600 bucks in recording cost, since I called in lots of favours... and made a net profit of 800 bucks or so. That's after I spent money on marketing.'

What did it get me? Well, instead of tiny blurps in the "also ran" category of Guitar Player I got a 4 page interview. What did that do for sales...next to nothing. So, my next step was recording my new CD. I decided to spent more, and since that's musician's music I figured I'd hire name guys like Weckl/Minnemann/Rosenblatt on drums, etc...time for more favours from friends, so Fusion God Ray Gomez lent a hand, hired an amazing writer/composer to work with me. I walked away with a CD that is very much like the stuff I listen to, and I'm beyond proud of. And it cost me 4 1/2 times as much as the last one, came out last week and I'm about 1300 CDs from breaking even which likely will never happen.

Here are some samples...

http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/product.php?productid=24177

Side note...I do the jammy stuff because I enjoy it, and in reality my Country band paid for this project.

We did a 3 song EP with the Country band last year, came out in May, we pressed 1000 and started selling them at gigs, were sold out by August.

• Members

Hey Ed, great playing and sound.

I'm sure there are some (public) radio DJs (maybe XM/Sirius also?) that would play your stuff if you got it to them. I wish I had a specific resource to give, but there are definitely "independent" DJs playing/promoting unsigned jazz music. I occasionally listen to one locally.

Some fusion is doing decent in the jam band scene.

• Members

Hey Ed, great playing and sound.

I'm sure there are some (public) radio DJs (maybe XM/Sirius also?) that would play your stuff if you got it to them. I wish I had a specific resource to give, but there are definitely "independent" DJs playing/promoting unsigned jazz music. I occasionally listen to one locally.

Some fusion is doing decent in the jam band scene.

Thanks, I had some airplay on the last one, and just contacted KPLU, KEXP, FusionGroovin, etc... for this one.

Also, I likely will get reviewed in guitar, bass, drum, keyboard, etc mags..

I expect this to be a huge stepping stone for me. BUT, I do not expect to break even. Simply because there are lots of illegal downloads, I know of a confirmed 1000+ illegal download on the last one. And I'm aware this is par of the course now. I guess what I'm saying is that whatever happens with this monetarily is okay for the simple reason that I did sink a big wad of my money into this..BUT it is paid for. Worst case it's one hell of an expensive calling card.

And while I'm doing self promotion here.. :-)

Check out my esession interview... and if you don't know what esession is...you gotta check it..

www.esession.com

http://esession.posterous.com/new-etalent-interview-with-ed-degenaro

• Members

Some of your comments are so hilarious it cracks me up. I came here to hear feedback and advice and yes some of us are all musical humans that give our hearts and souls into introducing our music to the public ear. And yes, when we find out that most people don't really like our music, I am sure most musicians are disappointed. Excuse you for helping me get a dose of reality and looking for some support.

What I also know is that we live in a cruel cold world where there is not much decency in the human race. It shows in some of the members comments that they would rather channel their energy into causing gossip and conflict as aposed to lending a kind helping hand. How many of you actually give back to society? I actually don't want to know.

I did not come hear to bicker with people, I came to help or be helped in some way.

RichyRox.com the name stays by the way LOL

...sigh

You have to understand... try this analogy out:

You are a pizza delivery boy, and the 47th floor of a skyscraper ordered a boatload of pizzas and promised a huge tip. You get to the building, and the elevator doesn't work anymore. You are told by everyone in the lobby that you need to take the stairs, the elevator isn't getting fixed any day soon. Instead of taking the stairs, you insist on pushing the button in the hopes that the elevator will magically work for you.

It's not that the 47th floor doesn't want the pizza, but they are not going to climb down 47 flights of stairs to get it, either. So there you are, in the lobby, bitching at anyone who will hear you about how the elevator shouldn't be broken, and what a bunch of bull{censored} that is. People are getting sick of your whining and wish you would just take the fukin stairs already, or hike your butt back to the pizza shop and give your two weeks.

Get it?

Really... good luck with your career. With that attitude, you are going to need all the luck you can get.

• Members

Well I took the bait, visited the website and listened to the 'tunes'.

You say you want some help? Well, find someone who can sing, someone who can play drums and someone who can write songs that sound relevant to the 21st century, rather than just poor pastiches of 1980's chart misses.

I think your guitar playing is actually pretty good, although the tone is a little artificial (at best). I reckon with some decent songs and someone who can actually sing them, you might have a chance.

Unfortunately with this sort of third rate eighties dross, what you're trying to do here is very like trying to sell poor quality leg warmers to a bunch of people who never even saw Flashdance...

One final piece of advice : you'd do well not to piss off some of the more senior guys round here who are usually very knowledgable, helpful and courteous.

Good luck ;)

• Members

...sigh

You have to understand... try this analogy out:

You are a pizza delivery boy, and the 47th floor of a skyscraper ordered a boatload of pizzas and promised a huge tip. You get to the building, and the elevator doesn't work anymore. You are told by everyone in the lobby that you need to take the stairs, the elevator isn't getting fixed any day soon. Instead of taking the stairs, you insist on pushing the button in the hopes that the elevator will magically work for you.

It's not that the 47th floor doesn't want the pizza, but they are not going to climb down 47 flights of stairs to get it, either. So there you are, in the lobby, bitching at anyone who will hear you about how the elevator shouldn't be broken, and what a bunch of bull{censored} that is. People are getting sick of your whining and wish you would just take the fukin stairs already, or hike your butt back to the pizza shop and give your two weeks.

Get it?

Really... good luck with your career. With that attitude, you are going to need all the luck you can get.

I just wanted to tell you than I don't read your posts because they are not productive, they are actually a bit toxic. So I don't bother, I get no benefit. But if if makes you feel better, feel free to keep wasting your time. Nice weather is coming and fish are going to bite Yahooooooooo

• Members

Well I took the bait, visited the website and listened to the 'tunes'.

You say you want some help? Well, find someone who can sing, someone who can play drums and someone who can write songs that sound relevant to the 21st century,

I think your guitar playing is actually pretty good, although the tone is a little artificial (at best). I reckon with some decent songs and someone who can actually sing them, you might have a chance.

Unfortunately with this sort of third rate eighties dross, what you're trying to do here is very like trying to sell poor quality leg warmers to a bunch of people who never even saw Flashdance...

One final piece of advice : you'd do well not to piss off some of the more senior guys round here who are usually very knowledgable, helpful and courteous.

Good luck
;)

rather than just poor pastiches of 1980's chart misses- That is a DIG

Well, find someone who can sing- that is DIG SINGER SUCKS?

I reckon with some decent songs DIG Songs SUCK?

Unfortunately with this sort of third rate eighties dross DIG

it goes on and on....

YOU Call this constructive advice? You are kidding me. LOL wow you are certainly a people person....

Lets try the shoe on the other foot. With all your professional experience and so called talent, I checked out your stuff. I was expecting this amazing gifted talented guitar player with a powerful composition. "Layin In The cut" The entire song you play the same two chords for for over 3 minutes. Nice quality recording but completely basic and blah. I have heard beginners play those two chords in their garage after only about 2 months of playing. I guess your in the same boat as me, we are both stuck in a time machine. Most people are not lucky or fortunate enough to be completely original or amazingly talented.

lets try a nicer way to give you my humble opinion. Dude I checked out your stuff. Great recording, good blues playing. Chord structure was rather simple but yet somewhat engaging. Keep up the good work and good luck.

You see, either way the outcome is the same. But the approach does not have to be degrading to the other person. Of course, unless you are the type of person like many people who are not professional and polite. Some people just don't get it. They would rather dig on the other to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Anyway I totally respect everything everyone is doing musically, but don't forget one thing. We are all chasing the same dream, it is better to embrace and share it together than to be bitter and cruel for ones own self satisfaction. If someones feelings are hurt because people don't like their music, so what. who are you to place judgment on anyone's feelings. try to be somewhat supportive, that's good human nature. And if anyone thinks that ooo I am whining well GET OVER IT and go right a number one hit song. Seeing how that is so easy to do for many of the "experienced successful" talented and gifted musical gods that spend their time on these sites gossiping about how they are so educated and experienced and how dreadfully lame another persons music is.

thank God I write and play for MY own enjoyment and fulfillment and not for someone else.

• Members

thank God I write and play for MY own enjoyment and fulfillment and not for someone else.

What a fuggin tool you are... you DON'T. You lie like a fool. You wouldn't have released a CD, then come here whining your ass off about it if you weren't playing for other people.

You've really annoyed the {censored} out of me. Go buy some tampax and get over yourself.

• Members

Then why the {censored} did you bother to record a CD, try and sell it, then come on here whining like a baby that people aren't buying it by the shedload?

When some seriously good musicians on this board start critiquing your efforts, rather than taking it on board, listening and learning, you start dishing out all kinds of childish retorts. It's been said before, but I'll say it again, stop whining.

Archived