NGD!!!! Mason-ized Epi Les Paul!

riffy

• Members

NGD!!!!

I got the Epi Les Paul that Drawdeep sent to Atrox (Brian) at Mason Guitars. The repair work is STELLAR to say the very least. You can not feel where the headstock was broken at all. The joint is tight and is in every way PERFECT. Brian was so kind in doing the work on this guitar I simply can

• Members

Glad ya got it! Took me long enough to get it out. One of the drawbacks of me having to work with nitro because of my own time issues.

Hope it cheered ya up some :)

Man.. those frets were BAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!! I had quite a time leveling those bastages out. I'm thinking that some frets got knocked around a bit when that douche bag sent the guitar to Drawdeep (the shipment that broke the neck to begin with). I can't say I have ever had a neck in worse shape as far as fret levels go.

• Members

YAY!

I am so glad to see this finally come to a close... the whole experience was the most amazing thing I have been a part of on the internet and people still can't believe what happened when I tell them (and no one believes that I turned down what certainly would have been a free Gibby and maybe even a Custom Shop by the time it was over :lol:).

It was truly a win-win all the way around and I will be grateful to everyone who pulled it together, contributed, and participated and especially for Atrox and all the free work he did. If I am ever good enough for a custom guitar, he has my business for sure :thu:

Someday I will find a guitar to replace this one... I still have a weakness for honeybursts and that was one of the nicest plaintops I have ever laid eyes on.

Enjoy!

• Members

Man.. those frets were BAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!! I had quite a time leveling those bastages out. I'm thinking that some frets got knocked around a bit when that douche bag sent the guitar to Drawdeep (the shipment that broke the neck to begin with). I can't say I have ever had a neck in worse shape as far as fret levels go.

I did not even notice that, but I can tell you that there was NOTHING to keep the neck from hitting the sides of the box every time it was moved, so I can only imagine. Makes me doubly glad I did not just try to glue it myself as that would have been beyond my skills for sure.

• Members
I did not even notice that, but I can tell you that there was NOTHING to keep the neck from hitting the sides of the box every time it was moved, so I can only imagine. Makes me doubly glad I did not just try to glue it myself as that would have been beyond my skills for sure.

It would have worked, but you would have had to have high action for sure. I got that action uncomfortably low for Riffy :thu:

• Members

Congrats Riffy!

Let me heartily second the excellence of Brian's work. I consider myself one of the luckiest bastards on this forum for having won the Hamer that Brian and Peavey_Impact teamed up on and gave away. I could not believe the action even after a New York to CA 8 day UPS trek in mid January, absolutely spot on.

Here's a little reminder for those who may not be familiar with Atrox' work.

HamerExplorer.jpg

• Members

Happy NGD, Riffy!:thu:

Very cool.:cool:

I was wondering if all the guitars has been delivered from the Great Post Holiday Guitar Saga of '08. Public humiliations, fundraising, lotteries, thrill of victory, agony of defeat, Atrox getting volunteered to repair every guitar in the western hemispere....good times!:D

Archived