Kluson Tuners

Fralin Real 54s

Gotoh 6 Screw Bridge

Treble Pickup Tone control

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have 2. One began life as a delonge strat.

2Guitars.jpg

Replaced the invader with a JB, Routed a neck pickup slot and put a Jazz up there.

maggie.jpg

The 5 way switch now offers coil taps and a nifty setting on the 3rd setting with both outside coils in series. thats my little secret weapon built into this guitar. Sperzels of course as well. This was my first decent guitar I got when I was 17, after playing on a crappy (I mean absolutely terrible!) squier for 2 years. I'm 23 now and this guitar has seen pretty much every live situation I've played in, as well as been my main and favorite guitar for almost 6 years now.

buskingaugust20th021.jpg

The second is a japanese strat which got a JB in it, sperzels, better wiring, and the tone pots ripped out. This is a really light, wonderful strat. Its an infinitely better guitar than any other I've played. However, the radius is 7.25 and it has tiny frets, so its not the best for lead. I love it nonetheless!

silverstrat.jpg

familypicture.jpg

Ignore the Gibbo. The strats stay with me for as long as I can possibly hang on to them.

• Members

I would love too, but everyone would be sick of my pics by now.

Oh what the hell

yStrat_web.jpg
StratINCA_web.jpg

Doesn't look like INCA Silver. Looks like Shoreline Gold. Let me show you two of mine and the difference. The Cray with the chrome PG is INCA Silver. The Lonestar is Shoreline Gold.

249e75a1.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

This Tele is also Shoreline Gold.................

feb19_09.jpg

• Members

just done a replacement of pickups mod

i have always liked active pickups ... this one has Duncan LiveWire Hot Bridge + 2 Magnetics actives (someone gave me these 2 about a decade ago ...and this is the first time i heard them! LOL) running 18V

typical bling of course....avert yer eyes if bling offends :D

100_0944.jpg

• Members

Doesn't look like INCA Silver. Looks like Shoreline Gold. Let me show you two of mine and the difference. The Cray with the chrome PG is INCA Silver. The Lonestar is Shoreline Gold.

249e75a1.jpg
Photo0007.jpg

This Tele is also Shoreline Gold.................

feb19_09.jpg

Yeah I can see what you mean but.........

It is inca silver - the photo has a warm yellow colour cast . On purchase it stated Inca Sliver. On the Fender forum I had stated that it maybe Shoreline gold, but a guy said no, it is definitely Inca Sliver. I don't really care either way, but in the flesh the guitar is more silvery than the photo. The description problem continues.

• Members

[Yeah I can see what you mean but.........

It is inca silver - the photo has a warm yellow colour cast . On purchase it stated Inca Sliver. On the Fender forum I had stated that it maybe Shoreline gold, but a guy said no, it is definitely Inca Sliver. I don't really care either way, but in the flesh the guitar is more silvery than the photo. The description problem continues.

Well either way they are both certainly nice old Fender finishs. The Inca Silver is a straight up Silver. Thr Shorline Gold almost looks like a Champange color. And many of of the Fender Sales reps don't know what they are talking about. They identified my Lonestar back in 96 as a Inca Silver also. Untlii I bought a Robert Cray Inca Silver Sttrat did I know for sure it was wrongly identified.

But at any rate the Strats look great, Good Luck with them!

• Members

Just to confuse the issue, Mr Cray's original Inca Silver early 60s Strat, as seen on the cover of the Bad Influence album -- predating his rise to fame, deal with Fender etc -- was so severely yellowed due to ageing, years of barroom miasma, etc -- that it actually LOOKED gold.

• Members

'70s MIM Strat!

[ATTACH]258157[/ATTACH]

Replaced the bridge because the prior owner missed the neck placement and relief being the problem, drilled holes in the bridge pate to lower the saddles.

I also replaced the pick ups with these

http://store.guitarfetish.com/sttalstpiset.html

because he had also put in a cheap hot ceramic for the bridge pickup, lookin' for Texas, I guess. I also changed the pickguard, knobs and switch tip to black. Goin' for that late 70s look!

I had to reposition the neck because it wasn't straight.

It was so far off, I felt the disk for tilt adjustment pop in place.

The original nut was cut for the misaligned neck, since it had to go, I cut a bone nut for it. After all this and a complete set up, for the hell of it I set the 10's at about 3/64 on the base end and 2/64 on the high end.

Played so smooth, I had to take them up to feel them!

Last trick was 4 trem springs.

Pretty good for cheap, used and unwanted.

I had watched this one sit in GC for over a year

I dont think I'll ever let this one go!

• Members

Purchased in '05 Agile ST-802. It has a TFN Tech wiring harness with GFS Vintage Premium Alnico pickups in the neck and middle positions and a GFS Dream 90 in the bridge position mounted on a GFS pickguard. The pickguard has a full copper shield. I also swapped the string guides to Fender American strat version.

_IGP2237_web.jpg

Archived