ESP experts!!!

killthehippies45

• Members

my saddles are stripped... i have an older bridge -- the one shaped like so { } i bought replacement saddles... but they have it so the retaining bolt is dead center whereas mine are offset to the left a little...

thus bringing me to my question...

can i find replacement saddles in this fashion... anywhere?

and sub-question...

will an Original Floyd Rose fit in the ESP's routing?

thanks.

Jer

• Members

will an Original Floyd Rose fit in the ESP's routing?

To my knowledge, no. There was a thread the other day where a guy bought a lefty Horizon that appeared to be the vintage that had the bridge. It had been replaced with a Schaller licensed Floyd and the trem cavity had been routed wider to fit it. I have 3 of the same bridge type and I fear breaking parts too. :(

About 3-5 years ago I saw a bridge on eBay and almost bought it for a spare. I really wish I had. It couldn't hurt to keep an eye out there.

I'd contact ESP Japan with any numbers on the bridge. To my knowledge, ESPs were only import at that vintage and it's unlikely that there are spare bridges in the US. But either are worth a try I guess.

If you find a reliable source of parts, let me know. One of my guitars is missing the whammy bar and I'd like to get one. :)

Also, which saddle style do you have? Two of mine have the typical Floyd style where the string clamps by the back of the bridge and there is a small metal block in the saddle, the other simply has a fat set screw directly in the saddle.

• Members

To my knowledge, no. There was a thread the other day where a guy bought a lefty Horizon that appeared to be the vintage that had the bridge. It had been replaced with a Schaller licensed Floyd and the trem cavity had been routed wider to fit it. I have 3 of the same bridge type and I fear breaking parts too.
:(

About 3-5 years ago I saw a bridge on eBay and almost bought it for a spare. I really wish I had. It couldn't hurt to keep an eye out there.

I'd contact ESP Japan with any numbers on the bridge. To my knowledge, ESPs were only import at that vintage and it's unlikely that there are spare bridges in the US. But either are worth a try I guess.

If you find a reliable source of parts, let me know. One of my guitars is missing the whammy bar and I'd like to get one.
:)

Also, which saddle style do you have? Two of mine have the typical Floyd style where the string clamps by the back of the bridge and there is a small metal block in the saddle, the other simply has a fat set screw directly in the saddle.

i have the typical floyd style... and i bought a spare on ebay but it turned out to be the wrong one, it's the one with the fat screw in the middle.

and to rydock, i'm sure it's not an ltd, it's an ESP M-1, which i'm guessing to be at least ten years old, the paint has yellowed while there is still patches of pure white in the neck pocket.

• Members

Not sure how the routes are on the older license bridges. But on some newer LTDs, OFRs drop right in. I figure it should be a problem with yours.

Could you take pics of that ESP bridge? I want to see that big screw that ESP uses on their sustain blocks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

To my knowledge, no. There was a thread the other day where a guy bought a lefty Horizon that appeared to be the vintage that had the bridge. It had been replaced with a Schaller licensed Floyd and the trem cavity had been routed wider to fit it. I have 3 of the same bridge type and I fear breaking parts too.
:(

If you find a reliable source of parts, let me know. One of my guitars is missing the whammy bar and I'd like to get one.
:)

what kind of whammy bar is it? is it the "pop-in" type?

• Members

My red Horizon has the exact same type of bridge that yours has with the same type of whammy connection. The purple Horizon has the same bridge, but the screw for the whammy bar is countersunk. My gunmetal blue Horizon has the countersunk screw in type but the saddles are built differently (the string clamp IS the screw instead of being a two piece unit).

I swear it looks like your whammy bar and the one on my red Horizon are retrofitted as a replacement. It looks like those anchors were put into the old countersunk slot. Hard to explain really. :freak:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I hate to bump an old thread but does anyone have any new info

any knock off bridge that will fit

these old guitars are great and usually still in good shape minus this bridge.

I am going in to a huge esp dealer tonight to see if they have any parts.

• Members

Good luck with finding parts for the LFR Esp bridges. I have the same one on my 88/89 Horizon, searched all over the net for a replacement arm in black as well as the screw in part which holds the arm in the bridge. I had no luck, but I did find a replacement saddle from guitar parts depot(who told me they bought out ESPs old parts ) about a year and a half ago ,However they had no spare arms for the old Esp floyd bridge. Let us know what you find !:poke:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived