New PRS SE Custom on the way

eroom

• Members

i used to have an SE Custom when they first came out and it was a really good guitar for the money. The only gripe i had was the trem never held tuning. But maybe with a new nut that would have been righted. But alas I ended up selling it and a couple of others and buying a 2nd hand PRS CU24. :D

• Members

i used to have an SE Custom when they first came out and it was a really good guitar for the money. The only gripe i had was the trem never held tuning. But maybe with a new nut that would have been righted. But alas I ended up selling it and a couple of others and buying a 2nd hand PRS CU24.
:D

The two previous SE's I had both had nut slots on the tight side.

The one I just got has them too. When you use the bar or tune up you hear the 'ping' from the plain strings. That will cause all kind of difficulty with staying in tune. Use a nut file or a piece of fine sandpaper and lightly widen the slots until the pinging is gone.

I haven't touched the nut yet on the new one. I 'm replacing it with a USA PRS nut. We'll see how that does.

• Members

Let us know what you think when you get it. I can't decide between the SE Custom, SE Singlecut, or the Gibson vintage mahogany LP with Burstbuckers. The SEs are 200 bones less, but the LP is a Gibby...decisions, decisions.

• Members

I love my SE One. Enjoy your new guitar!

My soapbar is SO freaking awesome! I haven't picked up even my MIA strat since I've gotten it. It does everything well. I've used it thru my Micro Cube, my AD30VT (especially with a Bad Monkey) WOW. and even my toneport man. From cleans to hard rock, it's awesome and Sustains like you wouldn't believe.

Good luck with your Custom. I'm sure you'll love it.

• Members

Just about every SE I've picked up in store played and felt great. One or two of them may have had minor setup issues but nothing that couldn't be easily adjusted. I've had a hankering for an SE but my finances are spread so thin lately I couldn't justify buying even a used model. I just went super budget and mail ordered a First Act Lola for $150.

Anyways, you're likely to get a fine guitar whether or not it turns out to be your cuppa tea.

• Members

Just about every SE I've picked up in store played and felt great. One or two of them may have had minor setup issues but nothing that couldn't be easily adjusted. I've had a hankering for an SE but my finances are spread so thin lately I couldn't justify buying even a used model. I just went super budget and mail ordered a First Act Lola for $150.

Anyways, you're likely to get a fine guitar whether or not it turns out to be your cuppa tea.

...just saw your last post. That sucks. I haven't ordered from MF in a long time but never had any trouble when I did. Are they still having shipping issues with their warehouse operations relocating, or is this just a stupid mistake?

Archived