post pics of your favorite left wing Jewish guitarists

jjpistols

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.--George Santayana

I mean, Is it true what I hear about all catholic school girl guitarists???
:)

its all true. haha Although i now know a true blonde headed blued eyed girl who is a jew, which i thought was pretty awsome!

With you, mabrother. I wish we could talk about this stuff without the possibility of stuff getting fugly ...

This has the potential for volatility but it desn't need to go there as long as people consider their posts before hitting the send button.

Be very aware that stereotypical generalizations will probably lead to a closed thread that had great possibilities for great guitarist awareness!!

• Members

its all true. haha Although i now know a true blonde headed blued eyed girl who is a jew, which i thought was pretty awsome!

Your gal pal is very likely to be of Russian descent, like Lauren Bacall and Kirk Douglas and many other, non-famous, Russian Jews with blue eyes and blond/reddish hair. Both Bacall and Douglas managed to pass for white in Hollywood, which is how they got to hear, first-hand, just how much hard-core bigotry there was in the City of Angels.

• Members

Your gal pal is very likely to be of Russian descent, like Lauren Bacall and Kirk Douglas and many other, non-famous, Russian Jews with blue eyes and blond/reddish hair. Both Bacall and Douglas managed to pass for white in Hollywood, which is how they got to hear, first-hand, just how much hard-core bigotry there was in the City of Angels.

full-blooded jewish girls have always "intrigued" me though. ;)

• Members
full-blooded jewish girls have always "intrigued" me though.
;)

Without wanting to go anywhere NEAR what you may or may not mean by 'full-blooded' --

(eugenics, anyone?)

-- if you haven't already heard them, you should order up both of Amy Winehouse's albums right NOW.

If you can't handle what you hear there -- you ain't ready for Jewish gurls, and possibly never will be.

• Members

very 50's big bandish lady-fronted to me. i actually like it. The rehab song can get on your nerves but the other stuff is great. But, is Amy not only a just a jew, but a girl anyone could handle steadily? Pretty sure she just very recently got arrested.

• Members

is Amy not only a just a jew, but a girl anyone could handle steadily? Pretty sure she just very recently got arrested.

I wasn't asking you to handle Amy personally (can't believe I just typed that) -- I'm talking about the sensibility expressed in the music.

Tell you what -- just take my word for it: you ain't ready for Jewish girls. Stick to what you know.

• Members

I wasn't asking you to handle Amy personally (can't believe I just typed that) -- I'm talking about the sensibility expressed in the music.

Tell you what -- just take my word for it: you ain't ready for Jewish girls. Stick to what you know.

american? british? both?

• Members

well, when someone tells me i can't it only makes me want to try more. so i guess we'll test the waters

Heh.

Never said you can't -- you can try for anything you want. Merely that, with your 'tude, it may not be the best idea you've ever had.

Luck, dude.

• Members

Heh.

Never said you can't -- you can try for anything you want. Merely that, with your 'tude, it may not be the best idea you've ever had.

Luck, dude.

or i could stick to my dark skin, dark straight hair, heavenly curved, heavy accented cajun girls.....himmmm we shall see

• Members

My mother is Jewish which makes me Jewish. That and the Bar Mitzvah when I was 13 pretty much sealed the deal. We didn't actively practice Judaism and being that I physically resembled my father, I grew up getting to hear all of the lovely sentiment directed toward Jews in good old diverse Los Angeles. One thing I can tell you is that bigots come in all political and religious shapes and sizes.
CSM is correct about Jewish gals and that is why I married a nice Catholic. ;)

• Members

My mother is Jewish which makes me Jewish. That and the Bar Mitzvah when I was 13 pretty much sealed the deal. We didn't actively practice Judaism and being that I physically resembled my father, I grew up getting to hear all of the lovely sentiment directed toward Jews in good old
diverse
Los Angeles. One thing I can tell you is that bigots come in all political and religious shapes and sizes.

CSM is correct about Jewish gals and that is why I married a nice Catholic.
;)

catholic girls are very nice. ;)

• Members

Yep.

And she got the PA system and held onto my RI 62 Custom Tele.

Best bass player I ever worked with, too.

You think it was because of the desire yall both had for music that did it? Sometimes i don't like girls that are so different than me, but i usually tell myself that the ones that are just like me arent going to work out. but its reallll hard to stay away from that.

Not trying to be to personal though.

• Members

According to this:

These guys are Jewish and guitarists:

Elliot Eastman

Danny Elfman

Mike Bloomfield

Willy Adler from Lamb of God

Marty Friedman

Ben Harper

Scott Ian

Gene Simmons

Pat Smear

Ike Turner

Pet Yorn

etc.

etc.

etc.

Ike Turner is Jewish?

8^)

ps. come to think about it...I miss Sammy Davis....

Archived