Anyone herad of FRESHER Guitars?

amt7565

• Members

These Japanese brand guitars were Strat copies. The company that made these guitars ceased production in 1985. I have one which is about 25 years old. I started learning guitar pretty much on this. I am looking to restore mine to a playable condition.

If you know about this guitar please post.

Thanks..

• Members

I've seen them on ebay..... don't really know anything other than that. Knowing the factories seems to be key with the MIJ stuff of that era - the hardcore collector cognescenti saeem to place the value on factory rather than brand, while for the rest of the market (the folks who colelct that sort of stuff are still small in number, but that will change, I believe), it's all about the brand name, so with a bit of research you can pull a real bargain....

The beauty of the Strat design is it's so easy to get the bits for and work on.....

Except when you want a plate to take three trisonics, I can't get a single damn company to even return my email here!!! :mad:

• Members

I have the one without the effects. Looks just like a strat. Body is Jade green with 2 Yellow stripes. Rosewood fretboard and strange looking pickups. The pickups are enclosed in silver casings. It's also got the whammy bar.

I need to have the guitar refretted and some other work like nut replacement and scratch board replacement.

I almost threw it away last year- but clinged on to it for sentimental reasons. Now I want to restore it!

Thanks. :D

• Members

"I want to get a job as someone who names kitchen appliances. Toaster, refridgerator, blender....all you do is say what the shit does, and add "er". I wanna work for the Kitchen Appliance Naming Institute. Hey, what does that do? It keeps shit fresh. Well that's a fresher....I'm going on break."

:D

:(

• 1 year later...
  • Members

i have a fresher straighter. it's a strat copy with a through neck and tremolo, in brown and yellowish. it's a pretty decent guitar. anyone know anything about this particular model, what it's worth?

JAPMP

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I rescued mine from a dumpster 5 years ago when I saw the case sticking out of the top as I walked by. I was extremely surprised to find out that it is in very good shape in the original case. I was hoping someone would know where to get parts and a wiring schematic for the effects board (someone in the past tried to perform surgery without a license and now only bypass works) or a shop that knows how to rewire these guitars. :confused:

Thanks

Archived