Today I did the hardest thing I ever did in life...

boosh

• Members

Sorry I'm a bit late to the thread, but Boosh and Dak, I'm truly sorry to hear about both of your losses. I lost my mom 20 years ago as of February this year; it's not an easy thing to do. When you love someone, it doesn't matter if the person is a parent, an in-law, and child, a sibling, a friend or a lover; love hurts when it is taken away. One thing that I can say is this... although a physical being my pass on, love NEVER dies.

When my brother's wife passed away a year and a half ago, rather than mourn her death in a typical funeral setting, my brother opted to have a "Celebration of Life" ceremony. Everyone pooled together to collect all of the photos throughout her life that could be found, and those images were scanned and presented with a video slide show along with some of her favorite songs playing in the background. Scrapbooks of memories and photos were placed on tables for people to look though and a large display board had some of her most memorable moments attached (graduation photo, wedding photo, holding first born at the hospital...) There was a luncheon with finger foods provided and people were encouraged to share the "good" memories and "good times" spent with Sherri that brought joy into their lives. It was a very touching and memorable presentation and rather than all of the tears that come along with the loss of a loved one; my brother wanted people to rejoice in what had been gained by Sherri (his deceased wife) coming into his life in the first place. The ceremony was beautiful with arrangements of her favorite "organic" flowers... as she loved to garden.

• Members

Booshy, Daklander...

Bestest wishes to both of you and your families. Tough loss to endure, indeed. I can remember when my wife lost her mom to cancer about 5 years ago. I found her mom to be a great person in the short time that I had known her, so it was a tough loss for me as well. My wife is still reeling, but seems to be getting better with time.

May God keep you both as you pull through this

Tuck

• Members

Dak my friend , I am so sorry to hear of your loss....

I hope that all of the strength that people onhere and my friends and relatives gave us will fly away now and support you and your loved ones.

To alll the people onhere,...

Thanks so much for all your support.

Today was very heavy,...but we'll manage.

Booshy,Rizzo and little Skipper

• Members

Boosh,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom in 1975 to cancer. It was heartbreaking. As time goes on, you get more used to it, but it never hurts any less. Be there for your wife and her dad. Just love them through this painful experience.

• Members

Boosh, You don't know me, for sure. But you have been a part of my life for a few years now, and I must say this. You have a personality that shines all the way across the ocean. That's going to help your family a lot as they work through this loss.

-ml

This is the exact same way I feel. My deepest condolences to you and your family, Boosh. Be strong (I know u are), Rizzo and Skip need you!

much love, T

• Members

Thanks all,...........

I don't talk much this week but I'm here....

Rizzo's gonna be okay and little Skipper is doing fine already,..he's only three.

I think I'm gonna breakdown when everybody has gotten over it but I'll manage...I've survived worse things,...

• Members

Boosh, You don't know me, for sure. But you have been a part of my life for a few years now, and I must say this. You have a personality that shines all the way across the ocean. That's going to help your family a lot as they work through this loss.

-ml

I feel the same way Boosh. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.:thu:

• Members

Dak, I am very sorry to hear of your loss....again, you are in my thoughts..

Boosh, hoping things are well with you...I offer the suggestion of an original tribute song for your mum. Might give you a way to deal with the grief and come out with something to share with others.

• Members

I offer the suggestion of an original tribute song for your mum. Might give you a way to deal with the grief and come out with something to share with others.

Am already working on that ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion!

And again,..thanks everyone! We're still in the twilight-zone here,....

Booshy

Archived