What kind of neck do yuo like?

fantastico

• Members

I like neckthrough, anything from 50s to 60s les paul neck (NOT jackson/ibanez ultra-thins), and am pretty agreeable on fretboard radius.

That said, I've got a custom being built right now with neckthrough, Jumbo Stainless frets, Vintage Charvel profile, 430mm (slightly >16") radius. Yea, it's for shreddy stuff.

• Members

given that nobody picks up on Scarlet J. ...

I like glued neck for sound. Shape-wise I am very flexible. I have a Gibson SG Classic that has a lot of mass and is too fat for some and i like to play it just as much as my Goddess SG which has a much thinner 60s style neck.

Having said that, for pure feel three of my bolt-ons immediately jump to mind. 1) a Reverend (Charger 290, import), 2) A Blade delta, 3) An ESP "The Hybrid"

all are maple necks and feel as if I never had played anything else ...

natalie-portman-2.jpg

• Members

'60s Ric necks (I have two :)). Thin thin thin all the way along the neck (probably why they used 2 truss rods). Narrow nut, like a '68 tele but then it stays narrow so that it's 1/4 inch narrower at the 12th fret than that same tele. 7.25 radius neck thru, maple with a finished rosewood fretboard and vintage frets.

• Members

I dont know the profile, but I had an original Ibanez Roadstar with a maple neck and I just had to sell it because my hand would cramp SUPER bad after playing it awhile :(

Anyone have spec on that neck? That was a shame as it was really a sweet looking guitar.

Archived