NGD: ROGUE HH & REVIEW

Woody_in_MN

• Members

OK. So I have been curious about these Rogue electrics for some time. When MF had a promotion going on these I could not resist. Her is my review:

==============================

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

The first thing I got to say is that in contrast to recent horror stories, I got my Rogue HH three business days after I placed the order by phone with standard shipping. The HH was delivered without a scratch in well packed, but in a single box with minimal extras. In fact, just an Allen wrench was included

• Members

I actually have MF up now looking at that very model.....

Well, actually the ash HH set neck version. Been eyeballing it a few months since a forum member wrote about the blem ash HH he had bought(open poor vintage burst). Can't recall if his was set or bolt-on though.

Anywho, his response was positive as well.

• Members

I like that model, but I am holding out because I am thinking they will drop to $99, eventually. and I don't really NEED any more guitars....

they already did at Xmas - sold off all old stock as blems

The mahogany ones were $115 and ash bolt on was $130

I got a couple of the HH's for a buddy (one natural ash, one mahogany in white)

• Members

OK. So I have been curious about these Rogue electrics for some time. When MF had a promotion going on these I could not resist. Her is my review:

==============================

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

The first thing I got to say is that in contrast to recent horror stories, I got my Rogue HH three business days after I placed the order by phone with standard shipping. The HH was delivered without a scratch in well packed, but in a single box with minimal extras. In fact, just an Allen wrench was included

• Members

Thanks all. I have one slight buzz just on one string, and just on one or two frets that I can't seem to completely eliminate (is it in my head?). Other than that I really like it. A steal for under $200. I thought of getting the natural with the set neck as a second, but I don't care for the black/white PUP's they use.

- Woody

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hey Woody,

Great Review. I agree with your assessment of this cool guitar. I can't rave enough about these pups. Only real problem is that one of my Grover Tuners has a pretty tight spot in it while turning. I wish I would have seen your pics before I ordered my black one cuz the white looks better.

Oh yeah I'm new here. LOL.

• Members

Hey Woody,

Great Review. I agree with your assessment of this cool guitar. I can't rave enough about these pups. Only real problem is that one of my Grover Tuners has a pretty tight spot in it while turning. I wish I would have seen your pics before I ordered my black one cuz the white looks better.

Oh yeah I'm new here. LOL.

I think I had some initial problems keeping the HH in tune. But after a couple weeks of use, I did not have those problems. It seems to keep in tune quite well.

- W

Archived