Guitar Recommendation

Deeprig9

• Members

I have yet to find any kind of affordable (~$1000) guitar that meets these requirements:

Hollow or Semi Hollow

Tremelo

Fusion size body

Shredder neck/fretboard

Alot of guitars meet 3/4 of that in the ~$1000 or under category.

PRS has the great hollows and the se semis, which I've played and like, but no tremelo to keep it ~$1000.

Languadoc could make me one, for around $15,000.

Almost all the solid bodies in that realm come with tremelo standard.

• Members

Deeprig, that Strat is beautiful!
:love:

I think you are going to have a very hard time matching up semi-hollow and shredder neck profie. That's a rare combo, at any price point.

It sounds great through my blues driver and solid state amp ;)

• Members

I have yet to find any kind of affordable (~$1000) guitar that meets these requirements:

Hollow or Semi Hollow

Tremelo

Fusion size body

Shredder neck/fretboard

Alot of guitars meet 3/4 of that in the ~$1000 or under category.

PRS has the great hollows and the se semis, which I've played and like, but no tremelo to keep it ~$1000.

Languadoc could make me one, for around $15,000.

Almost all the solid bodies in that realm come with tremelo standard.

I'm pretty happy with my Peavey JF-2, and it only cost me $300 new.

• Members

It sounds great through my blues driver and solid state amp
;)

Hahahaha! Nice one. I was just throwing some good natured shit your way in that thread, hence this little guy - :poke:

I have no problems with people running solid state gear, its not like you can hear the difference in a recording. But as someone who's busted his back hauling around a JC120 and trying to get a warm tone out of it, I much prefer playing single channel tube amps.

Back OT - Have you checked out the Carvin website?

• Members

I'm pretty happy with my Peavey JF-2, and it only cost me $300 new.

I've played some of those peaveys back when I was gassing for a hollow body jazz guitar, but they don't have the neck I need. Great guitars! But I need a fusion, shredder-meets-jazzer, basically the Trey guitar with tremelo.

• Members

Hahahaha! Nice one. I was just throwing some good natured {censored} your way in that thread, hence this little guy - :poke:

I have no problems with people running solid state gear, its not like you can hear the difference in a recording. But as someone who's busted his back hauling around a JC120 and trying to get a warm tone out of it, I much prefer playing single channel tube amps.

Back OT - Have you checked out the Carvin website?

The JC is a heavy bastard. And I don't have anything against tube amps. My only point was that you don't have to have a tube amp to sound good.

I'm not married to the JC. I'm sure I'll find something heavier and more expensive to fall in love with down the road.

On Carvin, I've piddled around, but not critically. I'll go check it out again, see if they've got 4/4 for ~$1000.

Archived