GFS Pickups

paul999b

• Members

Anyone used any GFS pickups before?

I've used Duncans, Dimarzio's and Gibsons, but was thinking of using one of the GFS Power Rails in the neck with a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the Bridge.

Alder body guitar, rosewood fretboard, and I play Alternative/Punk/Hard Rock covers. Any info would help me out greatly. Thanks.

Basically they are cheaper and was wondering if they were decent or if it's a "well you get what you pay for" type of thing.

• Members

*facepalm*

The search function is your friend. GFS pickups are discussed to death around here. A quick search of [power AND rails], searching Thread Titles only, yielded 13 separate threads specifically about the GFS Power Rails.

• Members

It would be nice to make a sticky thread about GFS pickups instead of the daily threads.

Then we'd also have to have stickies about Gibson's quality control.

And how Telecasters are the best guitars ever.

How Xaviers and SXes and Agiles are the best guitars ever.

How Behringer sucks.

How low-watt tube amps rule.

How shredding sucks ...

• Members

I've used Duncans, Dimarzio's and Gibsons, but was thinking of using one of the GFS Power Rails in the neck with a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the Bridge.

Alder body guitar, rosewood fretboard, and I play Alternative/Punk/Hard Rock covers. Any info would help me out greatly. Thanks.

Basically they are cheaper and was wondering if they were decent or if it's a "well you get what you pay for" type of thing.

If you buy from GFS be prepared to be sent the wrong item and/or something that looks like it was put together by a blind man.

• Members

If you buy from GFS be prepared to be sent the wrong item and/or something that looks like it was put together by a blind man.

I never had a problem I always got the right stuff and very fast shipping too I usually get the order 2 days after I place it. Even if you do have a problem I'm sure they would be very helpful I've had to add items on before after I placed an order and they were very helpful and nice about it.

• Members

I've only ordered a couple of things from them, but they've shipped the right, quality items.

• Members

My son has one of their crunchy rails and loves it - I thought it sounded pretty good. I used their vintage '59 and found them to be OK. I've tried a few of their single coils and find them to be excellent.

• Members

Jay from GFS posts on here fairly often regarding questions about GFS products. Besides that, if you have any questions, you can just email him at the website he and his staff will answer prompty.

BTW - I've never used the power rails but have used many GFS pickups and never had a problem.

• Members

Then we'd also have to have stickies about Gibson's quality control.

And how Telecasters are the best guitars ever.

How Xaviers and SXes and Agiles are the best guitars ever.

How Behringer sucks.

How low-watt tube amps rule.

How shredding sucks ...

I'd be ok with just about all of those.

Make it so.

Archived