Show me your worn guitars....

strtdv

• Members
^^^ If anyone's going to have your guitar, Buddy's a pretty good one. But still... :poke: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???
:p

it must has been teh crack :-)

just kidding there....he traded me this guitar, and a handful of cash. the red polka dot custom shop masterbuilt strat that he played for years, and was on the cover of guitar player. but i sold THAT to the hard Rock Cafe, and now it hangs in the Atlantic City Hard Rock Cafe. miss that one too....

buddy2-1.jpg

• Members

my old '58 strat -- now owned by Buddy Guy. I should NOT have traded it to him....dumb, dumb, dumb.

That's not a "relic" -- that's 40 years of honest play wear!

Seriously...how many people can say they swapped guitars with a guitar legend? Feel proud he wanted one of yours!

• Members

Here's a Frankentele a buddy of mine made and let his son use in his goth/metal/emo/poser band. The kid Townshended the thing, which was already kind of a wreck since it was put together very DIY-- the neck Seymour Duncan minihumbucker was put into the pickgard apparently by cutting the single-coil size slot bigger with a chisel or knife or something, and the "luthier" also turned a toploader into a string-through with what I'm guessing must've been a hand drill rather than a drill press. There are no ferrules through the guitar, just holes. He then hacked out (again, looks like he used a chisel) an inset in the back of the guitar and put a thin metal sheet with holes in it to secure the ball-ends of the strings so they wouldn't sink in the wood.

Oh, did I mention that the tuners on the thing were PURPLE? I managed to scrape most but not all of the purple coloring off.

I'm guessing it dates from the 90's.

FrankenteleTopSmaller.jpg

FrankenteleRearSmaller.jpg

90598563_113a47e647_o.jpg

• Members
Some pretty cool guitars there guys, keep em comin

I especially like the '58 strat you traded with Buddy Guy, Roccotactical

BRING ON SOME MORE OF THOSE WORN GUITARS GUYS -- I love seeing those road warriors. The good ones got PLAYED....the bad ones went under the bed. Never buy a "mint" vintage guitar if you wanna play it!

Here's the man his very own self jamming with it at Legends. He's looking fly as always. I love Buddy Guy, even more than SRV, the three Kings, and nearly any other blues guitarist I can think of.....

I should call him and ask him to leave it to me in his will. Something tells me that ain't gonna happen :lol:

BuddyGuy_andmystrat.jpg

Archived