Best Guitars for Effects?

spruce goose

• Members

Are there guitars that "accept" effects better than others? For example, LPs have a pretty "complex" sound compaired to strats -- does that make strats better suited for certain effects?

And what about the effects? Are there effects that work especially well with strats, and other effects that are better for LPs?

P.S. Yes I do realize that it's a matter of personal test. Or so they will tell you, anyway.....

Faces: :eek::bor::idea:

• Members

Are there guitars that "accept" effects better than others? For example, LPs have a pretty "complex" sound compaired to strats -- does that make strats better suited for certain effects?

And what about the effects? Are there effects that work especially well with strats, and other effects that are better for LPs?

P.S. Yes I do realize that it's a matter of personal test. Or so they will tell you, anyway.....

Faces:
:eek::bor::idea:

I think single coil loaded strats "bond" better with most wah-wah pedals right out of the gate. Many humbuckers can get "woofy" with a wah and so there needs to be a bit more tweaking right off.

• Members

Actually, I believe single coils are generally more complex with more overtones. However, I think they also work better with most effects because of increased clarity.

+1, especially for Delays, Chorus etc. Distortions/OD pedals tend to work better with Humbuckers.

• Members

I think a lot of effects are designed to sound good with strats - there are a hell of a lot them out there, and you want your (effects) product to interface well with the greatest market share. I'm sure not a lot of thought go into "but will this sound good with a Gretch"

Archived