Oh Dear Lord....NO!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GAS-wise, there's really no hope of resisting a Zemaitis, it's that pesky wallet that usually raises an objection.

However, if your wallet and budget agree (or can be forcibly convinced), I'm afraid you're probably doomed. :D

• Members

I like it visually a lot better than some of Tony's creations, which were too over the top for me. I'd prefer more subdued height adjustment wheels, and a stop bar a tad narrower.

However, if it wasn't actually made by Tony, I'd hesitate in calling it an actual Zemaitis. Maybe Zemaitis Tribute Series. :idea:

Ditto D'Angelico etc.

• Members

My buddy Gary Lammin, of whom I've sometimes spoken on here, owns a real-life custom metal-front Zemaitis built by Da Man Imself, ordered and bought when Gary was leading The Little Roosters, with his name engraved on the front.

The last offer he rejected for it was for $35,000.

• Moderators

I like it visually a lot better than some of Tony's creations, which were too over the top for me. I'd prefer more subdued height adjustment wheels, and a stop bar a tad narrower.

However, if it wasn't actually made by Tony, I'd hesitate in calling it an actual Zemaitis. Maybe Zemaitis Tribute Series.
:idea:

Ditto D'Angelico etc.

They're actually known as the GZ series, as in Greco Zemaitis

• Members

They're actually known as the GZ series, as in Greco Zemaitis

Thanks for the info. Glad to know there's a corporation out there respecting the man, and not just strip mining his name. :thu:

The subdued color of the flame top is classy, espcially compared to PRS Whorebursts.

• Members

Aaaaah no....they're made under licence

Exactly. But they're not presenting themselves as originals, and they're making Zemaitis-flavored guitars.

As opposed to the abominations somebody's currently making under the D'Angelico name.

Don't even get me started on the stupidity that is Duesenberg.

• Members

Exactly. But they're not presenting themselves as originals, and they're making Zemaitis-flavored guitars.

As opposed to the abominations somebody's currently making under the D'Angelico name.

Don't even get me started on the stupidity that is Duesenberg.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived