where do you guys practice?

chrisebrooks06

• Members

i mean do you have your own little room with recording kit etc etc or do you make do, i mean im limited on space and just have to use the living room when its empty, i would love to have a room where i could just go in and play, i love recording studio set ups pics are also cool...............

:thu:

• Members

I have a small bedroom upstairs in the house. It's nice to finally have my own room to myself after all these years of playing. But now I need to finish my basement off and build a studio in the basement so I can practice in it and then also build a driveway to the back entrance of the basement so I can have a good place to load in and load out for gigs instead of running up and down the stairs and through the whole house to load in and out. That won't happen soon.

• Members

For the most part, I don't.

If I want to warm up before a gig I'll go down into the basement and noodle a bit. I use a Vox Tonelab that goes into my recorder and monitored by a Pioneer AV Rcvr.

If I need to learn a song these days I sit down at the PC in the office upstairs with a jazzbox and I'll work the song out that way.

As for conventional practicing, I just don't do it. I put in my time 30 years ago. Now I just rip it up and have a good time doing it.

• Members

I used to play in my bedroom which is right next to the neighbors, and there were several visits by them to the front door during that time. My sister moved out, leaving a spare room, and thats where I play now, as loud as I want and away from the neighbors. The room's almost empty so I get good, natural reverb. Also got the amp sitting in the (otherwise) empty wardrobe for some nice low end reflex.

• Members

Living room.

My guitars line the walls on hangers and my amps sit behind my computer desk at the end of the sofa so most of the time I play sitting at my desk. That way I have a line run into my soundcard so I can record or manage backing tracks or read tabs on the computer or whatever.

The kids are used to it and know they just have to deal with dad playing and my wife's cool with it. They all still watch tv out here and everything so it works fine

• Members

One of my bandmate's dad has a garage by the house that's big enough. We usually pratice there when nobody is using it. We'd love to have our own rehearsal space though, so we wouldn't have to carry our stuff everytime we have practice. The garage is free, that'$ the good part. :p

Archived