sad NGD

goatman

• Members

I bought an XV-600 with p90s, and i've never spent more than $150 on an axe at one time ever. My current guitars are as follows:

-basswood olp with strat pups on it instead of the HBs. I got a wired pickguard from guitarfetish and it sounds sweet. It has a 24 fret ibanez RG style neck. It was only $60 at a blowout sale originally.

-box-0-parts job with crankin plywood, sanded & scalloped neck, tele HB bridge and dream90 complete with a switch as a tone control.

geetarsau7.th.jpg

so i was excited when my xaviere arrived. I set it up nicely, minimal buzzing, intonation etc. when i went to play it It felt weird and cumbersome - now i'm not one of these ibanez boys that can't play a tele. last time i picked up a 52 tele i didn't want to put it down.

not only that, but the p90s sound muddy and they got to much low trebles, not to mention way more hum than my dream90 :poke:.

I know it's a sub $200 guitar but for all the hype going on i expected more...

by the way, i expected the p90s to sound somewhere between a HB and a strat pup, probably like HB in paralell.

maybe if i get a marshall amp it might sound better, but for now i have a zoom 2.1u and monitors :thu:

I could probably learn to live with the neck, but what to do with the pups?

i was thinking on getting a set of these and running them in paralell, might get a decent tone then :facepalm:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfswdoovovra.html

• Members

Bummer man. Can you eq it differently at your amp?

+1.

Before just deciding it's not for you, try tweaking some settings. I may just not like the settings that your other guitars sound great on. :idk:

As for the hum, it probably isn't shielded well enough. That's a quick/easy/cheap fix.

Archived