Buckethead - This song is beautiful - is it possible to find more like this from him?

GAS Man

• Members

He is a waste of talent.

He uses that stupid mask/helmet thing, which has now pegged him as a goofball.

Imagine what he could do if he was in a "normal" band????

What about Buckethead suggests normality? Never mind the costume, he's put out many albums that aren't even close to digestible. Whatever you think of his gimmick, he sticks to it. I believe that he even lost an opportunity to play with Ozzy because he wouldn't take the costume off. That's dedication.

• Members

Heres another reason to throw my guitar in the trash can! LOL

I have the same effect for 5 yrs now,he uses it on almost every song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wxxWyYBuaU

That one's pretty cool too.

I kinda dig the way he plays on some of his songs where it appears that he's just kinda "getting off" on some little riff, tone, or rhythm and he just "goes with it" for a while. The mask probably helps you do that since it blocks any communication from you to the audience other than the sounds you're creating. No expectation to create any "guitar face" poses that suggest you're "workin it", "going there", or "just hit it", you just pump along and hope the crowd gets into it too. No a bad shtick. ;) Kind of like Kabuki Theater.

• Members

i love buckethead. at my school, he's just known as the shredder who wears the bucket on his head. i haven't heard many other players who play fusion, but sound like they come from a rock background. usually it sounds like jazz guys trying to play rock. (not that anything is wrong with that)

plus he lead me to the slonimsky thesaurus which opened up a lot of new musical ideas.

• Members

very talented guitarist, but the whole buckethead {censored} is {censored}ed up , imo !!!

if it takes putting a mask on and putting a KFC bucket on my head, i'll just stick with my current gig... programmer
:cry:

I look at it as just another theatrical type act...Alice Cooper, Kiss, etc. I like it well enough.

• Members

I also just located the tabs for the "Live" version of the song "Whitewash" in the OP.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/buckethead/whitewash_live_tab.htm

Now can I have a least one "thank you" for not only finding a cool song but also providing two versions of the tabs for my fellow forumites to play with. Some may not be interested in this song, but we do more here than just talk about guitars don't we? :mad:

jk

Enjoy!

:wave:

Archived