Gibson Les Paul Classic Club

ilovemystrat

• Members

This thread has been up for a few hours--I would have expected about 5 pages of Classics by now:confused:

Here's one more of my Classic Plus. I was so thrilled with this guitar when I bought it in 2000. It was my dream guitar. Over the last seven years, tastes have changed more toward vintage-looking finishes (honeybursts, iced teas, etc.), but there is still something about a heritage cherry Gibson burst that makes me want to pick it up and rock.

lpcp.jpg

• Members

Is that a rootbeer finish on the left? Very nice!

It's Trans Amber.

The grain pattern has little uniformity. It's swirling, straight and cloudy.

Not for the picture perfect flame maple enthusiasts. I guess that's why I like it.

BTW.....Gibson didn't drill holes for the pick guard at the factory.

It's not a big deal but it's interesting that they didn't because of the lack of uniform grain pattern.

LPClassicTransAmber.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

It's Trans Amber.

The grain pattern has little uniformity. It's swirling, straight and cloudy.

Not for the picture perfect flame maple enthusiasts. I guess that's why I like it.

BTW.....Gibson didn't drill holes for the pick guard at the factory.

It's not a big deal but it's interesting that they didn't because of the lack of uniform grain pattern.

LPClassicTransAmber.jpg

Bbreaker, they didnt dril holes for my guard either. It came it the case compartment. Mine has a lot of flame, it is hard to see it in the photos. Any chance mine is a Classic+?

• Members

Here's mine: 2003 Ebony with zebra duncan jazz and Dimarzio tonezone bridge (old pic)

lpfull.jpg

Zebra pickups look so hot on a black guitar. :thu:

I've owned 4 Classics that I've sold. All were great. I have pics of 3 of them.

First is a crazy flamed 03 DesertBurst premium plus (paid $1700 and sold it to a guy in Spain for $3250 :thu:)

0001guitar.jpg

This is a 92 Classic Plus I scored on Ebay for $1100 and sold it along with my other 92 to finance my R0

0002guitar.jpg

Finally tha plainest of the bunch but my favorite by a mile is a 92 plaintop in Cherry Sunburst, I got it NOS in 98 from the House of Guitars for $1100. It weighed 8 lbs on the nose, I had burstbucker 2&3 and the thing killed. I really regret selling this one and would buy it back in heartbeat given the chance.

0003guitar.jpg

For a while my Historic and 84 Custom shop seemed like enough LPs for me. . .until I got my hands on this Classic Custom Creme. SO I guess now I'm back in the Classic crew :thu:

original.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Or I'd really like the Classic Custom!!
:love:

LPCCAEGH-large.jpg

That was my post last October (2007) and since then I came across a really nice Epiphone Les Paul Classic Custom.

I understand it's not a Gibson and therefore I still have yet to qualify for membership in the "Gibson Les Paul Classic Club"

But I thought I'd post it anyway. Cause it's still a pretty cool guitar. :D

DSC03565.jpg

3PinkHouse7-12-08.jpg

• Members

That was my post last October (2007) and since then I came across a really nice Epiphone Les Paul Classic Custom.

I understand it's not a Gibson and therefore I still have yet to qualify for membership in the "Gibson Les Paul Classic Club"

But I thought I'd post it anyway. Cause it's still a pretty cool guitar.
:D

DSC03565.jpg

3PinkHouse7-12-08.jpg

Very cool- didn't know epi did a classic custom. Very cool :thu:

Archived