Anyone know a good L.A. Guitar Repair shop

sharkhamill

• Members

neely's on sunset strip in hollywood (across from guitar center)

dave neely (upstairs above the mesa-boogie store):

neely guitars

7424 sunset blvd., suite #1

los angeles ca 90046

(323) 850-7043

and;

north hollywood / studio city

norik renson:

renson guitar

11632 moorpark st

north hollywood ca 91602

(818) 761-4766

• Members

Just noticed that I never responded to the request for Gil's contact info. His number is 323 478 0026

I had a friend with a '60s Gibson 350 that needed work. The boys at Mesa Boogie Hollywood reccomended Gil Chavez. I work at Disney. There are some guys here who make stupid money and have ridiculously huge and expensive guitar collections (we're talking hundreds), mostly quite rare stuff. EVERYBODY I've talked to takes their guitars to Gil Chavez in Eagle Rock.

Gil has no web page or other ad. Doesn't need it. (Works from home and doesn't like it when people wander into his house uninvited so please stay at the front door when dropping off a guitar unless he invites you in further)

BTW - The Gibson came out beautifully after a neck reset and refin.

• Members

whoa, roy - you work at disney? i'm doin some work for you guys right now - dealin with some fellas on the 16th floor. was in there monday for a bit and will be back for a lil bit thursday.

16th floor eh? You must mean the Disney Channel building. They don't allow us artistic types in there. As far as I know, it's full of suits. You must fit right in. :D

• Members

Neelys Guitars is a good choice. There is another guy on the westside in Venice named John Carruthers. He used to work for Fender. He works on some big names guys axes. I know he has done some of Ry Cooder's guitars. He is a super cool guy too.

Yeah, John Carruthers is a nice guy, and they can do excellent work... but good luck getting your guitar back any time in the next century.

• Members

Never had any problem getting my guitars back from him in a decent amount of time.

Glad that things worked out for you there. My experience was not the same. They took forever, and kept giving the run-around. Maybe I just caught them on a bad...

... year

:lol:

• Members

16th floor eh? You must mean the Disney Channel building. They don't allow us artistic types in there. As far as I know, it's full of suits. You must fit right in.
:D

Steady-I'm down w/the risk management coven.:eek:

Also, Bro.Bob in Imagineering. (Bassist/founding member of the ELECTRIC MARSHMALLOW!)

• Members

Steady-I'm down w/the risk management coven.
:eek:

Also, Bro.Bob in Imagineering. (Bassist/founding member of the ELECTRIC MARSHMALLOW!)

No offense meant. As I said before, I've never been in the building and don't have a clue what goes on in there. :)

Imagineering is cool. When I was doing storyboards on Dinosaur, they took us on a tour of the dino's they were making for Florida. Amazing.

• Members

No offense meant. As I said before, I've never been in the building and don't have a clue what goes on in there.
:)

Good for you 'dem bitches are crazy!:D

And we really need a Hollywood/South Valley "Yikes-thats what you look like?" get together....

• 12 years later...

Archived