New Zeppelin material?

• Members

Outrider.

The Firm.

Coverdale/Page.

Page's track record of inadvertenly crapping on the Zeppelin legacy doesn't leave a lot of optimism for this. A reunion tour that would generate zillions of dollars for each of them would be understandable, but please, please, please, don't release any recorded material as "new" Zep.

I'll be the first to admit that The Firm didn't light the world on fire (and I think Paul Rodgers is THE MAN for vocalists), but Outrider was very good and I absolutely LOVED Coverdale/Page. I'd love to see Cov and Jimmy work together again someday (but of course I'd prefer to see JP working with Zep).

• Members

Outrider.

The Firm.

Coverdale/Page.

Page's track record of inadvertenly crapping on the Zeppelin legacy doesn't leave a lot of optimism for this...

I have not heard those in a long time, but I remember liking The Firm and I definitely like Coverdale/Page.

I may have listened to Outrider only once or twice. I don't even remember any of the songs in there.

• Members

I have not heard those in a long time, but I remember liking The Firm and I definitely like Coverdale/Page.

I may have listened to Outrider only once or twice. I don't even remember any of the songs in there.

I'm gonna leave my little honey

Like a rabbit leaves the hole

A-ow-ah, leave my little honey, baby

Just like that little bunny rabbit leaves the hole

I got a weasel in my pocket

I'm gonna stick that weasel down my mamma

I'm gonna stick it right down that little hole

• Members

i'm not entirely sure what i think of this. on one hand i'm like "holy {censored}{censored}, awesome" and on the other i'm like ... "god almighty, don't ruin the zep legacy."

Considering their last album... what was it called?.. In throught the out door, I'd have to go with the "God Almighty" option.

• Members

Maybe he's still touring with Alison Krause.

Or maybe he simply doesn't live in the past as much as JP seems to.

He is still on tour with Krause through October.

I think you're right. I read many interviews through the eighties and early nineties where Plant clearly conveyed a reluctance to reopen that chapter of his life. I was surprised to even see him to that MTV special in '94.

CSM, did Page ever do much producing for other artists? It would seem that would have been a natural avenue for him.

• Members

CSM, did Page ever do much producing for other artists? It would seem that would have been a natural avenue for him.

Far as I know, he hasn't done any outside production since well before the Zeppelin era -- in the mid-60s he was a staff producer for Immediate Records, cutting the 1965 Mayall/Clapton single I'm Your Witchdoctor/Telephone Blues -- and possibly getting a few ideas about Gibson/Marshall guitars sounds in the process.

EDIT: In fact, while everybody -- including me -- has credited the Beano album with featuring EC's first recorded Les Paul/Marshall excursion, this Page-produced single -- which predates the album sessions -- may have scooped it. Since EC was playing a Tele through a Vox during his earliest Mayall period, some archaeology may be required to either confirm or refute. Be interesting if it turns out that Page was in the production chair for the first recorded manifestation of the guitar/amp combination which later produced his own signature sound.

It's certainly a VERY seriously cranked guitar sound for 1965 ... only Bec, Davies D and Townshend were anywhere close.

• Members

I tell ya, if John Paul Jones was able to let his input more I would definately feel more confident. I think his Zooma and the his 2nd album sound much more like like zep 1976-79, than Walking into Clarksdale which I thought wasnt at all up to snuff.

Archived