1976 LP deluxe - example of how to list a guitar

• Members

Tempo, West Ealing Broadway, where HSBC is now, that used to be my local shop and I bought a Les Paul Deluxe from there too, but mine had mini-humbuckers and was the biggest piece of {censored} of all time, believe me. I wasn't a fan of pancake bodies either, way too heavy for me. The guy has presented his guitar very well though, you don't see that too often on E-Bay.

• Members

Still, what would be the point? If he wants to sell it he is going to give it to anyone who asks anyway so that he/she can in fact check with the manufacturer.

Which reminds me... I still don't know the specs of my Fret King even though I sent the serial number to JHS and they told me that someone would get in touch with me, that was months ago. They stopped responding, too the impolite jerks. :mad: So much for that.

• Members

Great looking guitar - would love to have! But why would the pancake style body be *desirable*?? I don't follow his logic there. I had a '71 Les Paul Custom that had the pancake style body. My understanding was that it was done to save money - so they could use smaller/thinner scrap pieces of wood to make up the body instead of more expensive larger pieces.

Not a big fan of the 70's Les Pauls... my custom looked cool as hell, but sounded like mud, and was really heavy to boot.

• Moderators

Great looking guitar - would love to have! But why would the pancake style body be *desirable*??

It depends whether you're buying or selling:))

I had an 82 Gold Top Deluxe. They scrapped the pancake construction in 78, mine had a 1 piece body, but all the buyers were talking it down, saying that they'd buy it if it was the pancake bodied version:facepalm:

Archived