Is this a real ibanez neck?

Mad Hatter

• Members

Yes, it's a genuine Ibanez neck(Chinese, but genuine).

Legit- Likely from an early RG model- several of the early models had a square neck heel and 22 frets.

As long as the frets look good and there are no cracks/twisting, why would you toss it? Glueing a nut in is easy, ot sell it to someone as-is.

I'd say it's from the Jumpstart pack RG.

• Members

well I am new to luthier stuff I thought putting a nut on was a major task

It's straight and really flat but it has definitely been played I really can't say much since the nut that was on it was broken and not a real nut at all

well damn that is the guitar dude an RG140! I was confused by this guitar but I know it is not chinese only older ibanez don't have the model series on them. It has hairline cracks on the neck pocket I am pretty sure it is just the finish and it wasn't there when I bought it so when I took the neck off I probably did it cuz I'm an idiot.

• Members

Probably from an RX model looks legit.

If ya don't want it, I'll take it!

I think RX models would have all had the series name on there... The lack of that (and some other things) makes it look like an early RG when they were transitioning out of the Roadstar name.

• Members

It is that guitar I can show you the body it has that goofy trem on it and everything

Cool- I had an RG340 and it was a decent guitar.

Putting on a nut is pretty straightforward if you can find one that is a good fit... otherwise you might end up having to file it down to size. I would go to a shop and let them see what they had, or ask someone at Jemsite or Ibanez Rules if they know where one might be available.

• Members

This guitar confused me I thought it was fake because it is like a roadstar but it isn't, it is like an RX series but not, it looks like an RG except the 22 frets and crappy trem. I knew it was old though by looking at it, feeling the mojo, and of course that Ibanez puts the series on all guitars after 1990 or so.

Archived