jackson phil collen

chrisebrooks06

• Members

any one here own one?

i have saved up some cash,

deffo want one but any advice greatly recieved and maybe alternatives as well

:thu:

mystixboi1 has one..he hangs out at Guitar Jam, though. He made several threads about it, and posted videos as well. Beautiful guitars, though. The PC1 and Surfcaster are the only Jackson/Charvel products I've ever had GAS for.

• Members

PC1 is beautiful guitar. frets are freaking huge though and the neck profile isn't exactly what you'd expect when pickup up a jackson. try before you buy.

guitar is well built and is very heavy - perhaps deceptively so. tone is great, sustainer can be a useful tool or a toy depending on your playing style. Its alot of money for a bolt-on neck guitar if you ask me. I think some of the colors are gorgeous and others are gaudy. I'm a big fan of the chlorine finish. others are kinda meh, or a bit on the cheesy side.

PC_1_Chlorine_XN006307combo.jpg

all of them have beautiful tops though - jackson uses their best woods for these and their custom shop axes.

All in all, it is one of my top 10 dream guitars. the only reason why I don't own one myself yet is that i haven't found one for a reasonable price. (and because i'm not in a def leppard tribute band)

just my $0.02.

• Members

In response to metalhead's post...

Wasn't there a lower-end PC series that lacked the sustainer and had a veneer top etc? Perhaps that's what his friend traded.

As for the PC1 I think its an amazing guitar and if I could find the right one used...for a reasonable price...I'd sell a few of my mid-priced guitars to get it...

• Members

...(and because i'm not in a def leppard tribute band)

just my $0.02.

I don't know why but that really made me laugh hard.

Nice looking guitar, I thought they had some crazy fretboard or something in the upper registers though. Perhaps another model or something.

• Members

In response to metalhead's post...

Wasn't there a lower-end PC series that lacked the sustainer and had a veneer top etc? Perhaps that's what his friend traded.

As for the PC1 I think its an amazing guitar and if I could find the right one used...for a reasonable price...I'd sell a few of my mid-priced guitars to get it...

It probably was one of the lower end ones than but still a very nice guitar.

• Members

mystixboi1 has one..he hangs out at Guitar Jam, though. He made several threads about it, and posted videos as well. Beautiful guitars, though. The PC1 and Surfcaster are the only Jackson/Charvel products I've ever had GAS for.

I was gonna mention mystixboi1. He seems to love it.

I've actually played his PC1, and it's a really, really nice guitar that looks a lot better in person than it does in pics.

It's pricey, but it's definitely a top tier guitar.

• Members

Which one are you talking about? PC1 or the older Phil Collen model with the ridiculously long upper horn?

behold... Ridiculously Long Upper Horn:

photo1_3f426.jpgPhoto2_521fe.jpg

http://www.fullersguitar.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,82/category_id,7/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,27/

Archived