seeking a new amp identity

Alchemist

• Members

I need to find an amp that really defines my playing..... I've already got 3 guitars that do, a few pedals.... but I still feel I havent really found that one amp.... I've got some nice amps already, but I feel they arent the all around amp I am looking for, either feature wise or tonally....

I've been sitting on money for a while, waiting for used stuff to come up, but nothing has yet....

I think the ideal setup would be a nice 18 watter, I think I'm down to either a Dr Z Maz 18 NR head, or having a Trinity 18 watt plexi built for me.... both cost more or less the same $1200 or so....

what would you do?

• Members

I need to find an amp that really defines my playing..... I've already got 3 guitars that do, a few pedals.... but I still feel I havent really found that one amp.... I've got some nice amps already, but I feel they arent the all around amp I am looking for, either feature wise or tonally....

I've been sitting on money for a while, waiting for used stuff to come up, but nothing has yet....

I think the ideal setup would be a nice 18 watter, I think I'm down to either a Dr Z Maz 18 NR head, or having a Trinity 18 watt plexi built for me.... both cost more or less the same $1200 or so....

what would you do?

I think about getting a Rivera.

• Members

Why dont I send you my Trinity 18 watter head and you play it for a while? I dont use it much since I use one of the 15's pretty much exclusively.

I converted the TMB side to Plexi spec last spring. Try it out for as long as you want and then decide :)

It is small enough to ship down for $30 I'd say, and I can pick it up next spring when I go to the ING run...

AJC

• Members

Why dont I send you my Trinity 18 watter head and you play it for a while? I dont use it much since I use one of the 15's pretty much exclusively.

I converted the TMB side to Plexi spec last spring. Try it out for as long as you want and then decide
:)

It is small enough to ship down for $30 I'd say, and I can pick it up next spring when I go to the ING run...

AJC

wow Andrew, that would be awesome!

:)!!!

I just hope it doesnt get damaged in shipping :(

give me a few days to decide and test the market, then if I still cant find anything, I'll take you up on it... I'm really leaning towards the plexi, but I'm gonna go check out some more Z's as well this weekend :)

• Members

I think about getting a Rivera.

I have a Mesa, its great....

I guess what I really want is a simpler older style amp without all the channel switching, I want to play with my pedals and interact more with just the volume knob..... kind of like my Dr Z, but with a more headroom for pedals...

• Members

wow Andrew, that would be awesome!

!!!

I just hope it doesnt get damaged in shipping
:(

give me a few days to decide and test the market, then if I still cant find anything, I'll take you up on it

Dont worry about it. Its bulletproof, trust me!

I will insure it and if it gets damaged you are not responsible. Remember I made it and I can fix it ;)

AJC

• Members

Dont worry about it. Its bulletproof, trust me!

I will insure it and if it gets damaged you are not responsible. Remember I made it and I can fix it
;)

AJC

cool.... do you know if it can be modded for an FX loop?

oh yeah, if I get the trinity, I will order it in pimped out white and gold.... then get a white 2x12 cab custom built for it down the road...... or do it all in purple to match my guitar and pedalboard :o:D

• Members

I have a Mesa, its great....

I guess what I really want is a simpler older style amp without all the channel switching, I want to play with my pedals and interact more with just the volume knob..... kind of like my Dr Z, but with a more headroom for pedals...

Actually I was talking about the older and less high-gain Riveras.

• Members

Actually I was talking about the older and less high-gain Riveras.

I have only seen one for sale within 200km of me in the past 5 years....

theres A LOT of things I would love to own, but availability isnt great, and I dont want to ebay and get stuck with something thats less than stellar....

• Members

I played a sweet 20W 2x12" 6V6 Top Hat amp once...I believe it was the Club Deluxe model...anyway, a great simple amp layout with a really pure tone and very sensitive to playing/volume knob dynamics. It was one of those amps that was addictive to play, and I imagine it would be a good pedal platform. I believe it was around $2000 new.

• Members

Goodsell!! I bought my first one (Super 17 Mk2 head) and bought my second one (Super 17 Mk2 1x12 combo) in less than one week. It was so good I HAD to have a spare. I haven't changed my mind a bit. I have replaced the original speaker in the 1x12 combo with a Celestion Heritage G12H though, which is my favorite guitar speaker. I could have ordered it with the Heritage G12H, but the combo I bought was already in the store and the stock speaker sounded good, but after about a month I replaced the stocker. I do really like the Heritage G12Hs.

goodsellstack.jpg

Website => http://www.superseventeen.com/reviews_sounds.html

• Members

ok, you have me intrigued by the goodsell.... the head is only $1200.... but answer me this, in all honesty is it that much better than an equivalent boutique 18 watt el84 type amp like the trinity....

the trinity is made in canada, so its no hassle getting it.... the goodsell I will have to order and pay customs brokerage fees and more for shipping.... I just worked it out and it will average me around $1600 in the end

so it seems like an awesome $1200 head.... but does that still hold at $1600....

Archived