Is this a good deal?

thrice07

• Members

Well I put my valve junior on craigslist because I dont use it anymore and I got offered a partocaster. The guy is not sure what parts are on it, but the neck is deffinately a fender. Do you think this is a good deal? Heres some pics

tele2.jpg

teleheadstock.jpg

• Members

Can you play it first? It might be a good deal, hard to say though from the pic. Not sure the neck is a Fender, or acopy with a Fender sticker on it. Serial number?

I guess the question is, do you need or want this guitar vs. cash?

• Members

Probably a Squire Affinity if the tail piece has the strings coming through the top. Can't tell from the pics. If it is an affinity, then the going rate is about $100 on the used market. If it has string through body on the tailpiece, then it's a standard squire and they probably go for $125-$150 used. Probably a fair trade.

• Members

That is not a Fender neck. All Fender necks have a insert at the truss rod opening, black plastic for a MIM and walnut for a American. That's a Squier neck.....

Better Squier necks also have an insert, no? Another vote for a Squier Affinity.

• Members

Better Squier necks also have an insert, no? Another vote for a Squier Affinity.

I think I agree. The tuners look the same as the other Affinity necks.

A Tele Affinity and Valve Jr are around the same value anyway aren't they :idk:

There could be a reason he "doesn't know" what parts are on it though.

Archived