NGD! I finally got a...

2pacHendrix

• Members

Strat today :thu:

Some people here know i have been GASing for one for sometime now... And today i just got it.

Everytime i went to GC i would play this guitar and would not put it down. So i went in played this baby for a good 2 hours and walked out wit it. Sorry for my bad pictures, I'm kinda sad because i didn't get the price i wanted it for and i got a huge headache. Plus i suck at taking photos. :p

strat001.jpg

strat002.jpg

strat003.jpg

strat004.jpg

And I have a question about how to install the trem bar;

Umm, how do you do it?

I have tried and it does not go al the way in and leans back. I am sure it is not too tight because i can still see most of the threaded end.

I think i am putting it in wrong, but it won't stay in any other way.

Here is a pic (again sorry for my sucky photo taking)

strat006.jpg

It's too high compared the other strats i have played with a whammy bar on them.

• Members

my buddy bought an american HSS strat about a year ago now, and he couldnt get the trem to fit either. he went back to GC and it turned out they gave him the wrong trem arm...perhaps you bought this at guitar center as well? If so, I wouldnt be surprised if they gave you the wrong arm

• Members

Huge congrats. I have the identical guitar from '03 and am looking at it right now. Weird on the trem arm. It should easily screw right in and not be too high. My MIM Strat's arm is higher than all of my MIAs. Regardless, I bend them in a vise to get them right where I want them.

Maybe they did give you the wrong arm. I have often had to ask for the case candy on new guitars that have been on display--and sometimes, I know they are just taking from another one.

PaulS

Archived