SG Classic Owners...

streetknight

• Members

Tell me about your awesome guitars. I have the GAS. I've been wanting an SG Standard for a long time, but after playing a PRS Mira, I can't justify the standard.

I'm pretty covered on Humbuckers anyway. Sold my only P90 guitar a while back.

Are these things all they're cracked up to be?

Exactly how versatile are they?

• Members

Well I've got at least 600 pounds of guitar laying around here and I consider the SG to be 7 pounds of some of the best guitar flesh I've bought. I especially like it's tone from the N and N+B positions. Good classic rock tone with OD and sweet cleans as well.

• Members

Lol, got GAS for one? Try out a Epi 1966 G-400 Custom Shop. $500 basically nets you a SG Classic, and you can spend the savings on your choice of pups. Comes with grovers and the same knobs, + tuneomatic and stop bar.

i like those epis too but if you are going to going to change out pickups on it then you could have bought the gibson and have the guitar you want.

• Members

It is a great guitar that just feels right. I know that some people find the neck too substantive ... I never thought this was a problem. It is a beautiful guitar and I have not caught any flaws ... there were several threads on the Classic and quite a few people here think that it might be the best bang/buck relationship for a USA Gibson (they are of course all made in the US ... to distinguish from custom shop Gibsons ...)

• Members

These guitars put out a tone to die for.

The neck and middle positions are personal favourites of mine (as i am wwith most guitars mind you), but the bridge has so much freaking CUT!! These things can sound so sweet at one second, and immediately after it sound like they're going to tear your face off.

They just work.

BUY ONE!!!

Archived