I got a new guitar that I'm really impressed with

yngzaklynch

• Members
Mine does not have a push/pull coil tap volume pot???

Really??? Weird..... That would be the first N4 I've see that didn't have the coil tap.

Well there's a good mod for you to do.;)

And again enjoy. The Nuno is one kick ass guitar.:thu:

• Members

My Washburn NX6 has the Stephens cutaway and it's the best. It feels a lil weird at first to have absolutely no obstruction that high up the neck but you get used to iy fast. I'm suprised Washburns don't get more props. My NX6 is a very fine, pro level instrument.

• Members

Saturn I e-mailed me salesman just outta curiosity. Here's what he said...

Jim,

The USA N4's do not typically come with a coil tap unless it is ordered that way. Of the 15+ different N4's we have in stock right now, none of them have a tap. On the other hand N2's, and some of the N6's and 61's will have them stock.

Thanks,
Rich Shelby
Funky Munky Music

Really??? Weird..... That would be the first N4 I've see that didn't have the coil tap.

Well there's a good mod for you to do.
;)

And again enjoy. The Nuno is one kick ass guitar.
:thu:

• Members

For shred and metal styles it might be impossible to beat that guitar. I can't say enough about the four I own. Washburn is just finally getting some of the recognition they deserve for their great electric guitars. Twenty years ago they were little more than an importer and apparently didn't have the control they now do in the quality department or so I've been told.

• Members
You do realize that your kid was right in front of your half-stack when you started playing? Care more about our opinions than your kid's hearing?
:cop:

It was just slightly louder than TV volumes. But I do worry about having her in the room when I play, even at lower volume, so it's a rarity.

• Members

Congrats on the N4 yngzaklynch:thu:

The N4 is an incredibly overlooked quality instrument!! I have two of them.... If you like the Ash bodied N4 then you HAVE to try a Padauk N4. Better tone IMO:cool:

Here's the Padauk I got from FunkyMunkymusic
PadaukN4007.jpg
It's become my #1:love:

• Members
I would love to try one. Thos look great. I also like the creme N6s.

I had one of those recently too.. It had a back bow at around the 3rd fret. I've done work on my own instruments from 1977 till now including fret replacements.. I couldn't fix it... I took my N6 to a local certified tech that I trusted hoping for a fix.. He told me that this was an inherent condition with Washburn birdseye Maple boards.. A Grain direction thing.. He told me he'd seen it on number of them.. No fix. I sent mine back..

Moral of the story? Don't buy one without trying it firsthand first;)

It was a damn fine looking instrument tho
N6002.jpg
But honestly? Neck issues aside? The Padauk N4 slays it:facepalm:

Archived