The Search Function...

FUBTAG

• Members

I agree that it isn't the best.... hopefully something can be looked into..

BUT....

Still attempting to use it -- or reading the Guitar Links You can't live without thread is a good start for mayne members.

I'm just saying... and not that I didn't make nOOb types of posts either... heck.. I still do!! :facepalm:

• Members

I use the search often to check when my name is mentioned. Not for vanity's sake, but because people ask me questions a lot in threads or want my comment and searching my name is the only way I can keep up on that. However, I have not been able to do this since the beginning of October.

This issue has happened a few times before, but its usually fixed within a couple weeks... not this time

• Members

Either I'm doing something terribly wrong (how could that possibly be?) or the search function doesn't work very well. I've searched for key words in the title of threads I've started, so I KNOW they are out there, and the search turned up nothing.

I know what you mean, and I think that there is something in the Search "Rules" about a minimum number of characters that has thrown me off a couple of times. I really should probably read-up on the specifics, but I'm lazy.

• Members

I know what you mean, and I think that there is something in the Search "Rules" about a minimum number of characters that has thrown me off a couple of times. I really should probably read-up on the specifics, but I'm lazy.

Search has to contain more than 3 letters. That's about the only rule

• Members

The search function is nearly worthless. I can type in keywords to find previous posts that I have lost track of, and I know that absolutely that I used these specific words, and I get no results.

Not surprised, though: the site goes down a half- to a baker's dozen times per day.

Archived