questions about Gretsch Anniversary

bmast160

• Members

i have a g6118 gretsch anniversary and i can't seem to get it set up right. i dont know if its just cause im used to single coils and mini humbuckers or because i dont like the filtertron pickup...

everything sounds ok to me except the low e and a strings which seem extremely muddy...i've tried adjusting the pole pieces and adjusting the bridge but i just cant seem to get them to sound balanced with all the other strings...i can get them to be about the same volume but they are muddy and sometimes boomy.

i also tried to see if i could raise or lower the entire pickup(not just the pole pieces) but i dont think you can do that on these guitars...can you?

• Members

It sounds like you just need to lower the pickup. Here is a Filtertron.

Gretsch-Pickup-Filtertron-Gold.jpg
You will notice that there are two screws on the pickup cover that are not polepieces. Those two screws will raise or lower the pickup.

i tried those because other pickups i have adjust like that but if i screw them out they just come all the way up and out and the pickup doesnt raise or lower...when i screw them tighter the pickup doesnt move as well...the screws just get tight

Archived