WANT!!! (budget archtop content) :)

dattebayo1

• Members
Oh and let us know what you ended up with!

Will do :thu:

I've played a 5th avenue before aswell actually, haha. Great players. First time i played an acoustic with a neck as smooth as an electric's :)
The neck really is quite slim though, not as satisfying as the chunkier, more V shaped guys you see more often on archtops. Still, good call :thu:

• Members

I like sharp cutaways(SGs, ES-175s, rickenbackers) , non-cutaways(ES-150s, ES-300s, martin D15s) , or cut-offs(vox teardrops, flying Vs, modernes).

Round cutaways, not my style as much.

I have a very similar taste in this respect. I've always felt that the rounded cutaway defeats it's own purpose, if you're going to have a cutaway, have plenty of access for those upper frets or don't bother. I always felt that the rounded ones just... well, they never achieved this as well as the florentine style.

• Members
You can actually get just as high acess on round as sharp cutaway.

Correct! The neck heel is more limiting than the cutaway on these jazz boxes. BTW, I thought RavenCad's recommendation was the best one (of course I own an Emperor Regent :whisper::p:o)

As for rounded cutaways being yucky, Them's fightin' words!!
[YOUTUBE]Rcu5arCKwNk[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Rather have this:

493922.jpg

Very nice!

FYI, the Sustainiac driver has to be placed in the neck position, and the bridge pickup is actually where the driver gets the sound to be amplified. So, if you go for a Fernandes sustainer or a Sustainiaic system, you'll need both a neck and a bridge pickup. There is a vibration sustainiac that clamps to the headstock, but that device is large and cumbersome.

Archived