The Gibson BFG just gone and grown up

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

I dug the BFG's when they first came out - and I could get one for $400 less than the price of the Gary Moore in AUSTRALIAN dollars. Quick exchange rate calculation makes that almost as expensive as an LP classic down here - bang for buck not nearly as good

• Members

All of Gibson's ideas lately seem so dated and silly. This guitar might have been "radical" in 1993 but now it's an eyesore and retarded. Sand the goddamn guitar and throw some finish, pickup rings and dot inlays on it and charge me the extra 20 bucks it costs you to make that happen.

• Moderators

All of Gibson's ideas lately seem so dated and silly. This guitar might have been "radical" in 1993 but now it's an eyesore and retarded. Sand the goddamn guitar and throw some finish and dot inlays on it and charge me the extra 20 bucks it costs you to make that happen.

IIRC, wasn't there a Studio model with dot inlays, unbound board and flame top?

• Members

IIRC, wasn't there a Studio model with dot inlays, unbound board and flame top?

There may have been, but that's the point. Make a decent guitar and charge the same amount. Studios can be pretty nice looking/sounding guitars. Don't make a pile of {censored} and call it "radical" in an attempt to seem hip with the kids. The BFGs are junk they pumped out to make a few bucks. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived