Carvin Guitars?

Delta0311

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nobody here has ever heard of them.

There's a little box on the top right labeled "search this forum". You may want to give it a shot and check back in a few months after you've read all the Carvin threads.

Here's a summary. star-wars-smiley-023.gif

• Members

There's a little box on the top right labeled "search this forum". You may want to give it a shot and check back in a few months after you've read all the Carvin threads.

Here's a summary.
star-wars-smiley-023.gif

Aw, come on killjoy! I thought I'd break open a brew and watch the festivities unfold again!!

Actually, the carvin debates have become decidedly pedestrian here lately (which is a good thing)

• Members

Here's a summary.
star-wars-smiley-023.gif

:facepalm: You should know by now that HC's search function is the worst ever. If I want to find something, I have to Yahoo or Google the Acapella server to find it.

As for Carvins, their built great & QC is pretty damn good too. The PUs are a little bright, as are most of the guitars with stock options. I think they're worth the money & usually a bargain, but if you change your mind the resale value isn't all that great.

• Members

I pretty much play Carvin exclusively. You can get amazing deals on them used, since they're "custom" guitars.

Best action on any axe I've owned, ever.

Replace the stock PU's though.

i got mine for 450 shipped with gibson pickups and hsc. the action is definitely one of the best i've played. i usually buy used, so i love carvin. :thu:

• Members

Carvins are darn nice playing and very well made guitars.

Some folks love em & some folks love to hate em.

To each his own.

This

I'm on the "love'em side.

Look into a used one if you want to check one out.You won't loose much on resale if you don't like it.

My DC127M is one of the best guitars I've ever played.

DC127M008.jpg

• Members

mine plays like butter and sounds just Divine. of course the person who had it before me must have had about 1700.00 into it w/SD pickups and all. I got it for 150 bucks and a couple of pieces of equipment that was just laying around not being used. great deal for me. I wish it were a strat type body instead of a tele type though and it is a bit on the heavy side at about nine pounds.

• Members
I pretty much play Carvin exclusively. You can get amazing deals on them used, since they're "custom" guitars.

Best action on any axe I've owned, ever.

Replace the stock PU's though.

The pickups are the best part of them, IMO. Not a big fan. I've owned some. Still have an A/E185 that I seldom use. I have a couple of foreign piezo-equipped models that I like better.

• Members

Someone always drops the "search" bomb. Seriously, is there ANY topic that hasn't been covered here already? The party is over folks, stop posting threads and go searching.

What the hell are we going to talk about if we don't keep re-hashing the same stuff? :poke:

• Members

supposedly, they'll make any guitar to whatever specs you want. Funny thing is I went to their shop a few months back and couldn't find a single guitar that played well. Action was really high on their showroom guitars

1. The will NOT make any guitar to whatever specs you want.

2. If what you said is true, apparently setup will depend on the actual shop. I have never played one that had a poor setup, and definitely never played one with high action.

I've only visited their factory/showroom. When a friend wanted to lower the action a bit and use lighter strings, we waited approximately 20 minutes and my friend got the setup he wanted. Too low for my taste, but he was very happy with Carvin and their service.

A few years ago I went there more frequently, and it was common to find one of their employees going through each guitar on display, adjusting tuning and any setup issues. Typically it was just tuning.

• Members

Someone always drops the "search" bomb. Seriously, is there ANY topic that hasn't been covered here already?

Yeah, not to mention that is the worst search engine on the webz. Try punching in "Carvin Guitars", the exact title of this thread, in that search function. This thread doesn't even pop up. :facepalm:

Archived