Strange Cable Issue

BigED

• Members

I recently ordered a right angle lava canare cable with Neutrik connectors. When it is in my RG, depending on which angle you pull on the wire, it can be completely quiet, or it can make a shorting out kinda noise, which is rather loud and annoying. The first cable that I received, I assumed was faulty, and I sent it back and it was replaced with no issue. The second cable I received did the same thing.

I then plugged it into my other guitar and it worked without issue, leading me to believe that it isn't a problem with the cable. The confusing thing, is that I've never had trouble with any other cables in my RG. That includes whirlwinds, samash specials, and some cheapo generic cables, even right angle cables.

I can't figure why this specific guitar just doesn't get along with either of the lava cables (and yes, I've tried both ends). Has anyone else ever had this issue?

• Members

As has already been suggested, it might be that Lava uses a plug with a kind of odd specification, and it just doesn't agree with you guitar jack. Don't know about the RG but a lot of guitar jacks are crammed into pretty tight space, and this can lead to wiring being twisted, pulled, and otherwise stressed, so you could have an intermittent break in a wire that's being aggravated by the Lava plug. Regardless, this is a simple problem, that ought to be easily fixable if you can find someone with just a little electronic know how.

Archived