1975 strat for $500?

Rumble Bass

• Members

That really seems too good to be true. Go and try it out I guess, what's the worst that could happen?

Then again, if it is the genuine article you might want to think about offering him a little more for it. Taking that for 500 bucks just seems kind of wrong.

• Members

• Members

This particular Strat has been Totally gone through and IF its a 75 not much left on it is 75. BUT.........if the body and neck are 75 that alone makes it worth the price of addimission for the OLD WOOD.

We had a tread going about this couple weeks ago. I came across a 100% Original 60 Strat. And I do mean 100% original frets that were in perfect cond etc etc. Strat had a few dings but overall a spectacular piece.

It sold for $8100. cash in Mass. I'm kicking my self in the ass to this day for not buying it. Foolishly I left the auction with 4-5 hours left, Assuming it would go fror between $15-$20.

Bottom line is the Vintage guitars are coming down do to the economy. Those 60 slab board Strats are NOT fetching $25,000. that they were a couple years ago. Money is just NOT their. The absolute MINT ones will. But with marks on the body or parts swapped out? Its not happening.

Yet for players thats EXACTLY what you want.........OLD WOOD.

• Members

Dude: If it were me, I would get the SN, call Fender to verify that the SN and the guitar do match, then since it is a one owner [i would assume that he sent the warranty card in], tell Fender that you are interested in purchasing this guitar and could they give you any information on the original owner [ie. name, LOCATION etc].. If it all is kosher, then I would either fly there, test it out, or take a leap of faith and buy it..

• Members

not sure whats up but here's the same guitar on an ebay auction (ended):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocaster-1975-Strat-Maple-Vintage-Guitar_W0QQitemZ310105614173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item310105614173&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1309

Weird.

The telephone number listed there (1-877-etc...) for info is a business phone for a microphone company. :confused:

Archived