Chateero - what is he doing?

Woody_in_MN

• Members

I came across this guy looking for when I was looking for some First Act demos. Besides blues scales - what is he doing? I'm not talking about the chording - what is he doing for the lead stuff? Can anyone enlighten me? He's playing so fast maybe its 90% blues scales - but I'm wondering what else maybe going on. Arpeggios? Chord inversions?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

- W

• Members

Ah yes, Chatreeo. One of my least favourite prominent YouTube players.
:facepalm:

Are there any particular parts of the video you are interested in? Knowing the player, I'm guessing it's all very basic arpeggios.

Well he has enough youtube videos out there - over 300 I think. I know he gets sloppy - but those who never got sloppy can throw the first stone.

Yes - I think I hear some arpeggios in there

- w

• Members

Well he has enough youtube videos out there - over 300 I think. I know he gets sloppy - but those who never got sloppy can throw the first stone.

Yes - I think I hear some arpeggios in there

- w

He should've spent all that time practicing rather than shooting vids all day long. :cop:

But I think I can help you out with certain licks, unless someone else here beats me to it. What licks in particular are you curious about? If you could let us know when in the video he plays 'em, it should be easy to pick them apart.

• Members

He should've spent all that time practicing rather than shooting vids all day long.
:cop:

But I think I can help you out with certain licks, unless someone else here beats me to it. What licks in particular are you curious about? If you could let us know when in the video he plays 'em, it should be easy to pick them apart.

I mean its a long video. The chording is easy to figure out. I hear blues scales. And I think I hear some arpeggios. I don't expect anyone to transcribe it. I was just curious about what was in there besides chording, blues scales and arpeggios. But maybe that is 90% of it. just played very quickly (sloppy).

- w

• Members

chatreo can someone get a 500 dollar schecter c-1 elite to sound

like a $2000 les paul

the funny thing is i actually preferred the tone of the 500$ schechter

(if you can get past his funny voice)

Its much easier for me to see what he is doing on the black beauty. 90% blues scales with some occasional varied simple licks thrown in.

- w

Archived