Highway 1- Texas Tele body is finished with poly, nitro or what?

valentsgrif

• Members

Yep, I believe this is right. Over a THIN poly undercoat though.

Read carefully guys, standard everday Highway 1's are nitro over poly. I know.

I'm asking about the Texas Highway 1. The fender website states the bodies are "acrylic lacquer" which is not nitro from what I can figure out so far (thanks Soundcreation).

• Members

The Fender site says that the Texas Highway 1 tele is finsihed in "satin acrylic lacquer".

The regular Highway 1's are finished in "satin nitrocellulose lacquer".......? Is there some sort of difference? or are they both nitro?

No acrylic lacquer is on the opposite end of the spectrum than nitro.

So they come with a dull super hard candy coating.

• Members

Read carefully guys, standard everday Highway 1's are nitro over poly. I know.

I'm asking about the
Texas
Highway 1. The fender website states the bodies are "acrylic lacquer" which is not nitro from what I can figure out so far (thanks Soundcreation).

Well, I was reading, and I used to own a Texas Hwy i Tele. Though I don't have an engineering degree, it had the exact same look and feel as my Hwy 1 Strat. If they are now finished differently, then that is a recent change and would be inapplicable on older models, in case you weren't planning to buy new.

• Members

Yeah, I'm looking for a nitro ash tele and don't want to spend $1400 on the 52 reissue.

I've read a review recently on HC on an American Vintage 57 Strat, and it said that it too was finished in nitro over poly, which I doubt, but if true, there won't be much difference with the Am Vintage 52

Does anyone have more info on the American Vintage ones?

• Members

I was always under the impression the Vintage USA models were all nitro but Dupont has stopped making some Fender colors in lacquer so poly may be the only option with a nitro clear coat - again - not sure if this is the case.

Archived