Sic 'em Tanya Anderson

daklander

• Members

I heard this morning that the Anderson vs Atlantic case is finished with phase 1. $107,951.00 in Attorney's fees and interest awarded to Tanya Anderson. When I had a chance I looked around and found some information that supports what I heard.

Phase 2 looks to be afoot and Ms. Anderson is going after the RIAA and Atlanta for Malicious Prosecution. :cop:

I say good luck Tanya.

Link 1 Here.

Complaint Here.

Additional Info Here.

Add....From Business Week with a viewpoint a bit earlier.

• Members

So she was falsely accused of copyright infringement or something? What did they allege she did?

Read the link and run a search. She was falsely accused of downloading a bunch of rap music, sued and harrassed. She offered her computer so they could check it and they refused to give the results, in which nothing was found.

• Members

I maybe wrong but I think the significant part of this is that the RIAA now has to prove that the material being shared was actually downloaded in order to justify damages -- whereas before they didn't. If you can believe that. :)

No worries though, it'll take all of 5 seconds for the corrupt U.S. courts to fix things for the RIAA. Just watch.

The U.S. courts make small town Mexican justice look like Socrates. :)

Archived