Crate Palomino V3212 30W at MF for $300

wonkydog

• Members

i ordered one a couple of days ago,but it's not here yet.

i used to play through a Gibson Scout which used 6BQ5 tubes (essentially EL84) and i always liked the sound for rhythm guitar,moreso than the '63 Princeton,which was better for leads.

i'll let you know when i get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey guys....I own and tour with a 2X12 V32 Palomino. These amps are AMAZING! I've played LIVE with Oranges, Matchless, etc and these little guys step up to the plate with them. I'm blown away that these amps are selling for this low right now. Crate doesn't make them anymore I don't think. I guess I can understand why people wouldn't want to invest their money in a Class A Crate amp. Heck, almost didn't even tryout mine at first cause I hated CRATE lol But I did, and WOW! This thing rocks....I'm thinking about buying another and having two on stage. Does anyone know where to find them on AMS for $249? I can't seem to find them. I promise you....you WILL be impressed with this amp...Guaranteed!

Mine DOES experience some scratchy pots...so be ready for that possibility.

I replaced all of my pots, but honestly....before that...I would just set my amp and leave it, and I'd never know the pots had any issues. The pots ARE covered by warranty though. So if you can find you a CRATE repair center near you, I'd buy some aftermarket pots and have them installed if you have issues.

Any other questions...I'd be glad to answer!

• Members

one thing I can tell you about it, it's not a bedroom amp. At very low volume levels (below 1), the gain channel can sound a bit fizzy on the high end. Not a pleasing sound. But, turn it up just a little bit (just turning it to 1 is way too loud for apartment use), and it gets warm, round, full, rich and smooth and creamy, and just amazing.

If I had an extra 3 bills to burn I'd buy the combo to complement the head version I already have.

• Members

I have a V32 1x12 I bought over a year ago and although I love it I may sell/trade it since I cannot turn it up loud enough in my townhouse (don't gig) to get the best tones and I would probably get a Roland Cube or something that would work for low volume use........

I'd work out a trade for that VA881 above if it was close to me..........

• Members

I have a V32 1x12 I bought over a year ago and although I love it I may sell/trade it since I cannot turn it up loud enough in my townhouse (don't gig) to get the best tones and I would probably get a Roland Cube or something that would work for low volume use........

I'd work out a trade for that VA881 above if it was close to me..........

If I was a little closer to NC, I might actually consider it. Although, the VA881 is a very nice home/bedroom amp.... Good thing I'm in Miami and am far enough away that I won't have to make those tough choices. :)

Archived