Billy Gibbons tearing it up with a Tokai Love Rock LP!

Hoddy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I'd imagine Billy doesn't give a {censored} and thinks all this obsession with gear, technique and {censored} is crazy. Having a few bull{censored} Texans in the family, its about weaving a good story, having a good time and doing something you like. It just that Billy does it better than most. JMHO

• Members

ZZ Top is one of those bands I just don't get. I don't think his tone is anything spectacular. Just sounds like he is playing through a Boss DS-1.

Legs is a cool song and so is sharp dressed man but I just don't see it with these guys. I have seen a lot of bar bands that play Jailhouse Rock that good or better.

• Members

ZZ Top is one of those bands I just don't get. I don't think his tone is anything spectacular. Just sounds like he is playing through a Boss DS-1.

Legs is a cool song and so is sharp dressed man but I just don't see it with these guys. I have seen a lot of bar bands that play Jailhouse Rock that good or better.

Really? Music is subjective but there's definitely more to ZZ Top than Legs or Sharp Dressed Man. Check out the riff to Just Got Paid and tell me if it isn't one of the nastiest rock riffs you've heard. Some nice slide playing on it too. If that doesn't do it for you, ZZ is probably never going to be up your alley.

• Members

I just don't really get it I guess. I watched the clips above and think the tone sounds like a million other players I've heard and the playing is good but nothing I haven't heard a million times before. The vocals are eh IMHO.

Just my opinion, I don't get what the big deal is.

• Members

I'd imagine Billy doesn't give a {censored} and thinks all this obsession with gear, technique and {censored} is crazy.

Actually, he is Ed Roman's best customer. Every time I talk to Ed he's working on something new for him or modding something for him.

Archived