I Just Received my Schecter PT

Midcitysaint

• Members

I always wanted a "PT" - which Schecter said stood for "Perfect Tele".

The new Schecter stuff is nothing like the lder stuff but I saw one called the Horizon (I think) today that was kind of Rickenbacker looking - very cool.

• Members

Once upon a time, I was very much tempted to get one of those myself,

but then this Fender Custom Telecaster Special came along with a very similar configuration, including coil split, and already loaded with DiMarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone, so I decided to go with it instead.

couple bad pics of my PT simile

Guitars010.jpg

Guitars009.jpg

But I'm sure you'll be a happy camper with your deal after you've installed your favorite pickup flavor.

:thu:

• Members

Holy cow!!! Fender cloned the PT which was a clone of a Tele. Schecter should sue Fender!!!:cop:

Actually beautiful guitar dude.

Actually I put it back up on Craigslist just to see if someone wants it for $250. If I can get my money out of it I'll put that cash towards an amp or another Godin. I just can't seem to put my Godin down.

• Members

Holy cow!!! Fender cloned the PT which was a clone of a Tele. Schecter should sue Fender!!!
:cop:

Actually beautiful guitar dude.

Actually I put it back up on Craigslist just to see if someone wants it for $250. If I can get my money out of it I'll put that cash towards an amp or another Godin. I just can't seem to put my Godin down.

yeah, if you aren't bonding with it, don't pour more money into it. I've made that mistake more times than I like to think about. In fact I even have several guitars that need p'up upgrades where I've bought the p'ups but haven't installed them yet. I guess I could just stop now and sell them all off as separates.

And I have no problems with that tele of mine, but for some reason, I haven't bonded totally with it either. But I'm not ready to sell it yet because I just don't see yet why I'm not more into it yet. I think its day in the sun will still come through a rotation soon enough. But I'm just about done with buying guitars. It's more like time for me to start thinning them down to the best of the bunch, but they're my kids. :cry:

but part of my reason for posting mine is that the Air Norton/Tone Zone is a pretty nice combo in this guitar. Mine's mahogany and I can't remember if that's what the Schecter PT is or not.

:wave:

• Members

If you decide to sell that Tele, PM me.

Will keep 'er in mind. ;)

I had it worked on just once to change it from a single master coil split knob, to two separate coil split pots. Before of course it had HB(N), HB(B), HB(N+B), S(N), S(B) or S(N+B). So by separating the switching I gained HB(N)+S(B) and S(N)+HB(B).

Archived