(Belated) NGD & NAD: Schecter and Valvetronix content

Hoople Head

• Members

Got a minty used Schecter C1+ in Honeyburst from Mr JinX in the spam thread a hair over three weeks ago here. I've been GASsing for one of these for awhile. Really wanted a mahogany dual HB guitar with more of a strat feel, but not a total pointy metal machine. I think this guy fits the bill perfectly. Sounds great. Plays awesome. With the coil tap it is hella versatile.

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

I've heard some people dogging Schecter around here, but I can't see why. I haven't played any of their entry level guitars, but this thing is rock solid. Even the Duncan Designed pickups are turning out to be quite usable.

As for the NAD, this one wasn't planned but just sort of came up unexpectedly. I've been playing on a HRD for years, I love the cleans but I just can't get any usable breakup at in-the-house volumes. Consequently, I've been looking at the Vox AD30VTs for a long time.

I was about to pull the trigger on one months ago, but then the deal with the First Act V-Stack amps came up. I grabbed a 70 watter, hoping that it would give me what I needed at low volumes. While it sounds great with the volume cranked, it just wasn't what I needed for quiet noodling.

So two weeks ago there was a Valvetronix thread where some opinions were given that the new VT30 model wasn't quite as nice as the AD30VT. I also noticed that the AD series was quickly disappearing from online retailers. So I pulled up Best Buy's website, found that a store near me had one in stock for like $179, and it seemed like a no-brainer. Online ordering with in-store pickup FTW. Got the last one. Very happy.

No pics of the amp, but you know what they look like.

Archived