The Quintessential Garage-Chic Rig

The Eristic

• Moderators

Not a fan of the guit - I always prefferred the duosonic shape to the Jag. I also wish more pickup covers would offer engarved/embossed designs on them

Regular guitars look small enough on me. Don't think Silvertone ever made a DS copy, but if this were one, it'd be a damned soprano uke in my hands.

The pickups are BADASS. DeArmonds, I believe. I haven't heard anything else that sounds quite like them.

• Members

It's actually the whole amp, a 1481. The Univox is just a reverb tank. :^)

cool...my first amp was an old gray 50W silvertone....looked something like that but had the controls running vertical up the right side and it had tremelo....the thing had a 2 prong plug and would GRAB me every now and then ....hehe...never could remember where that amp ended up.....paid this girl from high school $50 for it in 1975 or so.....hated it back then cuz it wasn't cool, now i really wish i still had it.....

• Moderators

cool...my first amp was an old gray 50W silvertone....looked something like that but had the controls running vertical up the right side and it had tremelo....the thing had a 2 prong plug and would GRAB me every now and then ....hehe...never could remember where that amp ended up.....paid this girl from high school $50 for it in 1975 or so.....hated it back then cuz it wasn't cool, now i really wish i still had it.....

Kinda like this?

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=508039

• Members

Kinda like this?

exactly like that...except mine had no rips in the tolex and was mint....

he's asking 350...mmm....i paid 50 back in 1975....ouch

thanks for that link i had never been able to find a pic that looked quite right....most of the ones i've seen have that wooden handle......but i thought it was a 1482

• Moderators

where's the coily cord?

Not in this joint. I HATE those things with a passion. Besides, they didn't make curlys with TRS jacks, did they? The output on the guitar is stereo, so I've started using a Y-cable and sending the neck to an early '70s Champ, bridge to the Silvertone.

• Members

Not in this joint. I HATE those things with a passion. Besides, they didn't make curlys with TRS jacks, did they? The output on the guitar is stereo, so I've started using a Y-cable and sending the neck to an early '70s Champ, bridge to the Silvertone.

sweet split signals, sonny!

Archived