GIbson Studio VS. Epiphone Custom ???

PaperTiger

• Members

Yea so as of right now i can either get a epi custom silverburst for 500 and a gibson studio, black in color for 700. Both with hard cases. Im still torn but i need to decide. I know with the gibson sound and feel i will be very happy. With the epi the looks are amazing but the sound and feel may be lacking....The gibson sounds like the responsible decision haha.

• Members

Yea so as of right now i can either get a epi custom silverburst for 500 and a gibson studio, black in color for 700. Both with hard cases. Im still torn but i need to decide. I know with the gibson sound and feel i will be very happy. With the epi the looks are amazing but the sound and feel may be lacking....The gibson sounds like the responsible decision haha.

The Epi may lack the sound until a pup change but there is no reason for it to lack "feel".

However, remember the final choice only matters to you and what you feel best with. So if it's the Gibby you prefer, we'll be looking forward to your HNGD

:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

Honestly, from your other posts in this thread paper, I would go with the gibson. I dont know if this is right, but the vibe I get is that you want the gibson, but would settle for the epi. If this is the case get the gibson and you wont have any buyers remorse over a couple hundred bucks :).

• Members

I own a beated up epi special II, the lowest end one, besides the crappy pups (it has a shadow that I think it's out of phase, don't ask me how it got there), it plays ok, thinking on a GFS upgrade, anyway the other guitarrist in my band owns a gibby studio and it's good for firewood, as long with every other gibson I've played.

Maybe I haven't the good ones, the only exception was the 1960 goldtop reissue, had it in my hands for a couple minutes and it felt ok, not 3k ok tho.

• Members

The right answer is to play both, unplugged with reasonably new strings in a quiet room and to listen to the actual resonance of the guitar. If the neck's not twisted or anything and it plays nice then I'd pick the one that sounds better unplugged. Pickups are an easy way to change your tone but if your guitar sounds dead unplugged it's never going to sound great plugged in and there's nothing you can do to change that.

• Members

Thanks for all the help guys.

I actually decided to try out the epi first and if its not up to par i will go with the gibson. I got a deal i couldnt pass up so i wont be losing any money, and in this case i will probably make a little.

The problem with me is, either one i get i will always think if it was the right choice. Studios go all day long for around 700 and are much more common than these silverburst epiphones. I will just start saving for the studio now so i can have both:)

Archived