OT:My wife just gave me an iPod Touch *EARLY X_MAS*

pinchegordo

• Members

It's an early Christmas present.16 gig touch,this thing is WIN on sooo many levels.Although i would have prefered the $300 she dropped on it to go towards a new Blueridge,i will have to make due with this lil gadget.I went from a 4 gig 2nd gen Nano to this beast.You can go download lil programs to run on it,they call them "apps" or applications.I went and got,a metronome and a program with every guitar chord,nice thing to have on the fly.Anyone else have one of these?

• Members

It's an early Christmas present.16 gig touch,this thing is WIN on sooo many levels.Although i would have prefered the $300 she dropped on it to go towards a new Blueridge,i will have to make due with this lil gadget.I went from a 4 gig 2nd gen Nano to this beast.You can go download lil programs to run on it,they call them "apps" or applications.I went and got,a metronome and a program with every guitar chord,nice thing to have on the fly.Anyone else have one of these?

Post counts. Phooey. They're over rated.:)

Nope, I am gadgetless, including cell phones, game doomyfatchy spark-o-boxes, etc. I carry on my person at all times life's only bare necessities: a thumbpick and capo. Never leave home without 'em.

• Members

Post counts. Phooey. They're over rated.
:)

Nope, I am gadgetless, including cell phones, game doomyfatchy spark-o-boxes, etc. I carry on my person at all times life's only bare necessities: a thumbpick and capo. Never leave home without 'em.

Got a simple 2gig mp3 player this summer. Only took me 3 days to get it up and running. Thumbpicks are nice, don't drop 'em in the box as often.

• Members

My wife got me one of these for Christmas last year. I loved it. But then my cell phone died so I got myself an iPhone and so now the Touch is with our son.

It's even cooler when you have GPS, moving maps, internet anywhere, and a phone in there.

Cool gadgets.

• Members

The Ipod Touch and I Phones are really cool but they will have to wait for me.

I refuse to buy any electronic gizmo's until they lose their "Tickle Me Elmo" / "trendy" appeal. I wait until the "gotta have this gizmo" mass delirium subsides or after the "new and improved" version of the device hits the market. That is when the price drops and they usually have all of the bugs worked out.

:thu:

• Members

The Ipod Touch and I Phones are really cool but they will have to wait for me.

I refuse to buy any electronic gizmo's until they lose their "Tickle Me Elmo" / "trendy" appeal. I wait until the "gotta have this gizmo" mass delirium subsides or after the "new and improved" version of the device hits the market. That is when the price drops and they usually have all of the bugs worked out.

:thu:

Me too. Unfortunately acoustic guitars don't fall into that kind of market phenomena.

Never had a cell phone and never will. Electronic leash marketed by What If (insert calamity), Inc. If they were free I'd still have a problem being subordinate to their care, wear, recharging and safe-keeping. Actually, I like traveling as close to my birthday suit as possible - no watch, wallet, jewelry - and only keep a small business card bi-fold thingy with the important stuff on me. Of course, I bow to the thumbpick and capo. I'm serious about that. Never know when a music store may be around the corner. The tag-a-long music buddy tells me "He's/she's totally tuned out of the real world" That kinda bugs me when I see that.

• Members

My friend has an iPod Touch and I must say, it's the absolute coolest thing in the world! I screw around with the thing every chance I get. Heck--even unlocking the keypad is fun!

Seriously ,the metronome app is great i have used it eveyday since i got it,also downloaded a 440 tuner,sweeeet:thu:

Archived